The Orange Box Fact Sheet
The Orange Box delivers five innovative action games from Valve - creators of
the blockbuster Half Life franchise, in one box.
Available for the PC, PLAYSTATION3, and Xbox 360, The Orange Box includes Half Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2 in addition to full versions of award-winning Half Life 2 and Half Life 2: Episode One for an engrossing first-person action experience.
All new games in The Orange Box are:
- Half Life 2: Episode Two - the second chapter in Valve’s award-winning trilogy, taking gamers beyond the walls of City 17 for the first time.
- Portal - A groundbreaking new kind of action game that will forever change the way gamers interact with their environment, much like Half Life 2’s gravity gun rewrote the rules for how gamers manipulate in-game objects and use physics.
- Team Fortress 2 - The long-awaited return of the legendary king of role-based online multiplayer games, Team Fortress 2 pushes the Source Engine to new heights with a daring new art style and deep multiplayer gameplay for nine distinct roles.
- Also available is The Black Box (PC only) which will only contain the 3 new games - Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2.
- 5 Games, One Box - The Orange Box is the ultimate collection of innovative action games for the PC or console, and an amazing introduction to the Half Life series for console gamers.
- Epic Storyline - Half Life 2: Episode Two takes gamers deeper into one of the best-known stories in gaming, following the desperate struggle of Gordon Freeman against the mysterious Combine. In this episode, gamers will leave the confines of City 17 for the first time.
- Redefining Action - Portal delivers an innovative new action gaming experience. Arming players with a portal gun allowing them to create portals from one location to another with the press of a button, Portal will forever change the way that gamers interact with their environment.
- World-Class Multiplayer* - Team Fortress 2 is the sequel to granddaddy of role-based multiplayer action games. Featuring nine distinct roles - Heavy, Spy, Scout, Demoman, Engineer, Medic, Sniper, Soldier and Pyro - Team Fortress 2 is one of this year’s most anticipated multiplayer games for any platform.