Modern Warfare III set to launch first season
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Warzone will launch Season 1 on December 6th.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Season 1 brings a huge drop of free and premium content, including three brand-new core Multiplayer maps, the return of fan-fave Gunfight, the next Zombies mission, five free weapons, the arrival of of the new Warzone Urzikstan map, an all-new Battle Pass, BlackCell, the festive Santa's Slayground event, and much more!
Check out the content players can get hyped for:
Modern Warfare III
• Four New Multiplayer maps. Deploy to three brand-new 6v6 maps and one 2v2 map launching, alongside festive reskins of other maps during the Season.
• Welcome Back to Gunfight. Go small-team tactical, launching with the new Training Facility map, plus four other returning Gunfight arenas.
• New game modes. Test your luck in All or Nothing, wield the one-shot Ray Gun against enemies in the limited-time Vortex arriving in-season, and more!
• Happy Holidays. The content continues across Modern Warfare IIII Multiplayer with festive and themed maps and events later this year.
• Multiplayer Ranked Play Launches. The feature-packed, stand-alone competitive Multiplayer mode: Ranked Play returns in-season.
Modern Warfare Zombies
• New story Act. A massive gateway has appeared in the Exclusion Zone. Investigate the area and engage in new end-game content.
• Enter Dark Aether Rifts. A new labyrinth -like experience challenging squads to complete a series of objectives in the given time. Find Sigils to unlock the Dark Aether Rifts and earn rewards on completion.
• New Wonder Weapon, Warlord, and more. Wield the V-R11 Wonder Weapon, discover new schematics, and prepare to infiltrate the fortress of the Warlord Dokkaebi.
• Welcome to Urzikstan. The next big map is coming to Call of Duty: Warzone! Receive a topographical overview plus a host of new features and updates coming as part of the Season 1 update.
• Carry Forward Call of Duty: Warzone maps. Players can continue deploying to Ashika Island and Vondel alongside the new Urzikstan map.
• Santa's Slayground. Encounter the Zombie Santa, go undead Deer Hunting, open the presents under the Holiday Trees, all while engaging in new challenges events with rewards, and more. Just don’t forget to bring Snowballs!
• Gulag. Urzikstan features a new Gulag, the perfect way to redeploy once you’ve faced down an adversary in 1v1 combat. However, this Gulag, aside from being a brand-new environment, comes with new gameplay updates too.
Across both titles
• Gear up with new weapons and Aftermarket Parts. Season 1 brings five free new weapons and nine Aftermarket Parts.
• New Operators: Deploy as Nolan and Dokkaebi, the new Season 1 Operators.
• Get the Premium experience with BlackCell. Purchase the BlackCell offering to unlock the Abolisher Operator, extra Tier Skips, alternate BlackCell-exclusive Skins earned throughout the Battle Pass, and more.
• The Season 1 Battle Pass. Unlock new Operators and a variety of free and premium content across the Season 1 Battle Pass.
• New Store offerings. Deploy as Santa, grab Dune Bundles, and more.
• Seasonal progression. Level up past Rank 55 and enter the Prestige Ranks, with new Challenge Rewards for both Multiplayer and Zombies.
• CDL Announcement. Rep your love for competition with the Call of Duty League Launch Pack and earn rewards for watching the pros compete starting December 8.