DREDGE reaches for the pale
The Pale Reach expansion for DREDGE was released today on all platforms.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
In DREDGE: The Pale Reach, players can explore a brand-new biome in the world of DREDGE which will require additional equipment, including the new and formidable ‘icebreaker’ attachment, to break through its frozen bergs. Players looking to uncover all the secrets of The Pale Reach will need to trawl its freezing depths and traverse its crystalline canyons while following in the footsteps of a doomed expedition lost to time. Avid oceanographers will also be able to cast a line or drop a pot to hunt 11 new fish and crab species and their aberrated counterparts while purchasing blocks of ice to help prolong the value of their most valuable catches.
From today, Steam players looking to add even more flair to their fishing in DREDGE can enable Razer Chroma RGB and help bring dynamic lighting to even the darkest expedition out on the open seas.
DREDGE’s second paid expansion, ‘The Iron Rig’, is set to arrive in early-2024.
DREDGE Key Features?
• Unravel a Mystery: Captain your fishing trawler across a collection of remote islands, each with its own inhabitants to meet, wildlife to discover, and stories to unearth?
• Dredge the Depths: Scour the sea for hidden treasures and complete quests to gain access to strange new abilities, including the camera to unlock the new Photo Mode
• Study Your Craft: Research special equipment and upgrade your boat’s capabilities to gain access to rare fish and valuable deep-sea curios?
• Fish to Survive: Sell your discoveries to the locals to learn more about each area, and upgrade your boat to reach even more secluded locations?
• Fight the Unfathomable: Strengthen your mind and use your abilities to survive trips out on the water after dark.