Destiny 2 resurrects Crota's End
The Crota’s End raid from the original Destiny game is now playable in Destiny 2.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Fireteams can once again face Crota, son of the Taken King, who waits to be challenged in the Hellmouth on Earth’s moon.
Fireteams competing in the World First race will need to keep the following in mind:
• Contest Mode will be enabled for 48 hours
• Guardians will need to be at least Power Level 1790 for all encounters
• Clearing the raid with Contest Mode active is how a fireteam unlocks Challenge Mode in the Director and the Superior Swordplay Triumph, which is a curated list of challenges that can only be
completed in Challenge Mode
• Completing the Superior Swordplay Triumph will be how a fireteam can claim the World First title
• To enforce the Triumph requirements in Challenge Mode, each fireteam will wipe if they fail the success conditions during any encounter
Also, as an added treat, players who complete the Contest Mode of Crota’s End and acquire the "Bottomless Pit" quest from the raid vendor within the first 48 hours will automatically complete the quest and receive all related rewards, including instant acquisition of the Necrochasm Exotic Auto Rifle. This quest will also become available for everyone who finishes the Crota’s End raid after the 48-hour period, where players can complete additional steps to earn Necrochasm.
Guardians who earn the Swordbearer title or finish the raid before the deadlines detailed below can unlock collectible raid-themed items for purchase through Bungie Rewards.