Sunday Gold shoots for September
Sunday Gold will launch on September 13th.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Combining stylish comic book style art and animation inspired by a visual concept developed by artists at VOLTA, intricate turn-based combat, and noggin’ scratching puzzles, Sunday Gold drops players into a bleak 2070s London, where crime is at an all-time high, trouble stalks the streets, and the corrupt elite are long overdue their bloody comeuppance.
Combining classic point and click adventure gameplay with escape-room style puzzles and turn-based combat, Sunday Gold follows Frank (aka ‘The Vengeful Ex-Con’), Sally (aka ‘The Activist’), and Gavin (aka ‘The Disgruntled Ex-Employee’) as they take on mysterious billionaire CEO Kenny Hogan. Players will swap control between the unlikely trio, utilising each con’s individual talents to hack terminals, pick locks, break down doors, and take down the bad guys.
For players wanting to give Frank, Sally, and Gavin a leg up in their latest escapade, the free-to-play prologue is now available on Steam, granting a snapshot of the debauchery and illegal activities the trio will get themselves embroiled in at launch.
Sunday Gold Key Features:
• Atmospheric action: Immersed in the gritty and unwelcoming world of a dystopian near-future London, Sunday Gold’s story takes players into the seedy underbelly of the corrupt elite, where secrets are hidden behind every locked door
• Stylish turn-based combat: Comic book inspired sequences, specific skills, attacks, and talent trees, along with as many stolen items the trio can get their thievin’ hands on, make for a unique turn-based combat experience
• Noggin’ scratching puzzles: Explore each room and solve a combination of observation, deduction, and inventory puzzles; hunt for clues, hack terminals, and even bust down a door (or two)
• Keep your cool: In the face of dead bodies, cybernetic dogs, and psychotic billionaires even the most hardened criminals will start to lose their cool – maintaining the team’s composure with consumables and specific abilities will be key to mission success
• A trio of trouble: Frank, Sally, and Gavin make for unusual comrades, but without each of their unique abilities to lock pick, hack, and rip things open with their bare hands, the mission is doomed to fail.