Dragon Ball: The Breakers release date set
Dragon Ball: The Breakers will launch on October 14th, with a network test scheduled for August.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Bandai Namco:|
DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS’ Closed Network Test (CNT) will be held on all platforms on August 5-6. Players can register for the CNT at www.bandainamcoent.com/landing/dragon-ball-the-breakers-closed-network-test.
During this period, the newly announced Raider Frieza and the previously revealed Raider Cell will be available to play as. Survivors will also have access to Oolong (Survivor Skin) and Bulma (Survivor Skin) during the Test. Details on when to play are below:
• Session 1: Aug. 5 - 7:00 p.m. PT – 11:00 p.m. PT
An Open Beta Test will be organized at a later date with more details to be announced soon.
Players who preorder DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS can choose from multiple SKUs. Preorder bonus includes Android 18 (Skill: Wall Kick) Transphere and a Scouter (Blue) Accessory. Preorder SKUs include:
• Standard Edition (Digital Only)*: This includes a full copy of DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS, an Android 18 (Skill: Wall Kick) Transphere, and a Scouter (Blue) Accessory.
• Details on digital pre-order availability will be available at a later date.
• Special Edition: This includes the full game, a Customizable Costume, a Dragon (Yellow) Vehicle Skin, a Two-Handed Good Victory Pose, an Android 18 (Skill: Wall Kick) Transphere, and a Scouter (Blue) Accessory.
• Limited Edition Bundle (Exclusive to the Bandai Namco Store): This includes the full game, all Special Edition-exclusive content, an Android 18 (Skill: Wall Kick) Transphere, a Scouter (Blue) Accessory, a DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS-themed Steelbook, an exclusive Cell Shell figure, and the Potara (Green) Accessory which is a timed-exclusive Bandai Namco Store bonus.
Taking place in the DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE universe, DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS is an 8-player multiplayer game that pits seven Survivors against a powerful Raider - one of the major antagonists from the franchise. Raiders uses their overwhelming strength and increasingly powerful evolutions to hunt and defeat the Survivors.
Survivors are regular civilians caught in a “Temporal Seam,” trapping them in a place where space and time are in disarray. The main objective of Survivors is to escape using various gadgets, the most valuable of which are Transpheres that contain the souls of Super warriors and grant special abilities and powers. In this dangerous environment, the hope is to use the Super Time Machine to escape before their enemy becomes unstoppable.