Apex Legends goes native next-gen
Apex Legends now runs natively on Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, and as part of the launch the Warriors Collection Event begins today and runs through April 12th.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Respawn Entertainment:|
Starting now through April 12, the Warriors Collection Event also features the return of the 9v9 Control mode, a new Arenas map, event-limited cosmetics, Crypto Heirloom and much more.
• Next-Gen Updates - PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X players will see improvements with this latest patch, including 4k output, full 60hz gameplay, HDR, higher resolution shadow maps and greater LOD distances.
• Control is Back - The limited-time 9v9 mode Control is returning for two weeks, this time with the addition of Caustic Treatment on Kings Canyon.
• The Caustic Treatment - Caustic Treatment has been converted into a three-point battleground for control over Kings Canyon. The battleground now comes equipped with additional cover, ziplines, skydive launchers, a hover tank and more to allow for increased balance and improved flow.
• New Arenas Map: Drop-Off - The new map towers high above the Malta skyline at the fully-automated Hammond Manufacturing Tower. Codenamed Drop-Off, Arenas fighters covertly commandeer the place at night for fierce matches under the smoggy skies.
• Event Items - The event introduces a new set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics, including skins such as the “Synthetic Huntress” Ash Skin, “Riding Dirty” Octane Skin, “Jewel Olympus” Horizon Skin, “Combat Survivalist” Lifeline and more.
• Reward Tracker - Each week of the event has its own rewards track. Players can earn points and refresh their challenges everyday. The Warriors Collection Event will also feature a stretch challenge that rewards four unique badges if players complete them during the event.