The Elder Scrolls Online launches on next-gen
The Elder Scrolls Online: Console Enhanced has launched today on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Bethesda Softworks:|
Available now, those who own or purchase The Elder Scrolls Online on Xbox Series XS, Xbox One, PS5, or PS4 will receive free access to ESO: Console Enhanced on next-gen. Xbox Game Pass members will also receive the benefits of Console Enhanced when they play on Xbox Series XS.
The arrival of The Elder Scrolls Online: Console Enhanced represents a landmark moment, marking the second generation of consoles to receive a true Elder Scrolls Online experience. Here’s a peek at the upgrades players can look forward to:
• Next-Gen Performance: With the next-generation power of Xbox Series XS and PlayStation 5, the game will run at a crisp 60fps while in Performance Mode. If you’re looking for a visual feast, Fidelity Mode allows Xbox Series X and PS5 players to enjoy native 4K @ 30fps, while Xbox Series S runs 1440p @ 30fps.
• Increased Draw Distance: For players who love to admire ESO’s vast beauty, the game’s draw distance has nearly been doubled, allowing greater views of the ever-growing world of Tamriel.
• Improved Loading Times: Moving up to next-generation power means loading times on Xbox Series XS and PlayStation 5 have been nearly cut in half on average, enabling console players to remain immersed in ESO’s stunning world with less waiting.
• Enhanced Textures & Antialiasing: Throughout the world of Tamriel, shadows are now sharper, creating a more precise visual, and great improvements to antialiasing have smoothed out objects like foliage and structures.
• For the comprehensive list of features coming to Xbox Series XS and PlayStation 5, head over to the ESO website for more.
While enjoying Console Enhanced, players can continue to immerse themselves in the year-long Gates of Oblivion storyline. Available now on all platforms, the Blackwood Chapter will task players with exposing the daedric plots and tyrannical schemes consuming the region. Discover their connection to the Prince of Destruction and his dreadful plans for Tamriel. Though Blackwood is a standalone story, its events further the overall Gates of Oblivion narrative that will conclude later in 2021.