SacriFire announced and looking for a kick-start
The JRPG SacriFire is planned for a 2022 release on PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S, and has launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund development.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Pixelated Milk:|
SacriFire tells the story of Ezekiel Ridan, a young soldier training to join an elite sect of holy warriors who keep the subterranean city of Antioch safe from demons roaming the surface above. The theft of a mysterious relic sets Ezekiel on an adventure which will lead to places he would never have imagined, where he’ll uncover secrets which cause him to question everything he believes. A struggle thousands of years in the making is about to unfold.
Ezekiel and his companions battle through demons, cultists, and ancient automatons using shapeshifting weaponry and special attacks that uncover and target enemy weaknesses. Surviving battles requires more than hacking away—every enemy type is weak to different types of weapon damage which becomes more effective as attacks are chained together.
· Dynamic battles – SacriFire’s combat engine blends real-time and turn-based styles to provide a fluid experience that is both challenging and satisfying. Fight alongside companions, choose from multiple weapons, target individual enemy body parts, and string attacks together to create elaborate combos.
· High-quality presentation – Employing a combination of pixel art and 3D graphics allows us to combine retro-style graphics with innovative digital effects wizardry. Hand-drawn and animated characters blend seamlessly with 3D-modeled environments.
· Moral complexity – SacriFire’s original story aims to both respect and subvert the standard RPG tropes, so although you’ll feel right at home with our cast of lovable characters, you’ll never know what to expect next!
· A tale of two worlds – Travel between the sprawling subterranean city of Antioch and the idyllic spirit paradise of Erebus in a well-developed game universe which blends fantasy with science-fiction.
· Elaborate gameplay systems – Adopt diverse combat disciplines, craft weapons, solve puzzles and tackle imaginative dungeons.
· Original Music and professional voice acting – A brand new soundtrack composed by Game Audio Factory, and the legendary Motoi Sakuraba. The talented Sound Cadence Studios bring SacriFire’s memorable cast to life!
As announced during the PC Gaming Show, SacriFire can be backed on Kickstarter today. SacriFire is planned to launch for PC (Steam, Epic Game Store, GOG) as well as Playstation (PS4, PS5), Xbox (XB1, XSX) and Switch consoles in 2022.