PCs get a Backbone
The dystopian raccoon detective adventure game Backbone launched for PC today on the Microsoft Store, Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Raw Fury:|
Backbone puts you in the shoes of raccoon private investigator Howard Lotor in a dystopian Vancouver, British Columbia, beautifully rendered in high-resolution pixel art. After years of small-time cases, lonely evenings, and just barely scraping by, Howard is swept up in a job quite unlike any other. But what starts as a menial case slowly unravels into something much darker, pitting Howard against the oppressive, systemic power hierarchies of the city itself.
• Become a raccoon as you explore the seedy underbelly of an alternate Vancouver inhabited by anthropomorphic animals.
• Make meaningful connections with a diverse cast of characters in pursuit of the truth in an increasingly tangled mystery.
• A modern dystopic tale of a cold and existentialist world, bleak and dreary, but not entirely without hope.
• High-resolution 2.5D pixel art creates a breathtaking landscape to explore alongside 3D effects like dynamic lighting, pouring rain, volumetric fog and neon lights.
• Original doom jazz soundtrack adds to the cinematic ambience, telling a story with every sound.