Apex Legends opens the Arena
The Apex Legends: Legacy update is now live on all platforms, bringing a new mode, Arena, and a new Legend, Valkyrie, to the game.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Respawn Entertainment:|
Apex Legends is back with its biggest update! Starting today, players can jump into Apex Legends: Legacy and experience a whole new way to play beyond battle royale, with the new permanent 3v3 mode where there’s no room for luck.
Also joining the Apex Games is new Legend Valkyrie whose jetpack will help players dominate the air, raining missiles down on foes. And the new high-precision Bocek compound bow will separate predators from prey. Players can also explore an updated Olympus map that’s being strangled by an infestation of nature. With the Legacy Battle Pass, players can suit up with the latest Legendary skins -- all of which can be seen in this trailer:
Additionally, Respawn has released the patch-notes for a full breakdown of what’s new in Apex Legends: Legacy, so visit the official blog here or take a look below:
• Arenas - A permanent 3v3 game mode where the goal is to win three rounds without dropping more than one round to your opponent, or continue until one team pulls ahead by two rounds. Win or lose, each round starts fresh with base equipment and some materials to spend on weapons and upgrades. Matches take place on five maps, some on familiar locations, and others on brand new ones. In Arenas, players will battle it out in existing BR locations from within Kings Canyon, World’s Edge and Olympus, as well as two custom maps, Party Crasher and Phase Runner, with more coming in the future.
• New Legend: Valkyrie - Unleash a swarm of missiles to damage and disorient the enemy, or if things get too hot, employ Valkyrie’s Ultimate to make a fast skyward escape -- bringing her entire squad with her if they hook in. Valkyrie enters the games with something to prove and ready to rain death down from on high.
• New Weapon: Bocek - A new powerful and deadly weapon capable of inflicting tremendous damage at medium range also enters the games. The Bocek Bow is no ancient relic; players can increase its effectiveness with two hop-up slots - the Deadeye’s Tempo which allows a faster draw, while Shatter Caps make arrows burst when fired. Both hop-ups can be employed at once to truly terrorize enemy squads.
• Olympus Map Updates - A rogue fleet of ships from outer space have breached the atmosphere of Psamathe, and a vessel named The Icarus has docked on Olympus bringing with it a viscous, parasitic plant of unknown origin. New drop locations and changed lines of sight alter the gameplay for players across the map.
• Battle Pass - The Legacy Battle Pass will offer unique rewards like Apex Packs, XP Boosts and skins; skins like the Crafty Kitsune Rampart or the Legendary Demon’s Whisper Wraith will make players look the part as they outfox opponents. At level 100, players unlock the Legendary Reactive Bound in Bone Devotion with plenty of other exciting rewards along the way: Music Packs, Loading Screens, Skydive Emotes, Quips and more.
• Ranked - World’s Edge is back for the first split which ends while the second split takes the competition to Olympus where the remainder of the season will play out. Over the past Season, there's been a healthy trend of players achieving higher ranks and pushing personal bests, which has led to improved match quality and quantity, so the major ranked and RP systems will remain the same.
For a closer look at Apex Legends: Legacy, click here.