World of Warcraft getting a push
The Great Push tournament is coming to World of Warcraft in May.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Blizzard Entertainment:|
We’re thrilled to announce details on our first competitive dungeon one-off tournament of the year. Welcome to The Great Push, coming May 28-30!
For over fourteen years, we’ve sought to explore new ways to push the limits of competitive World of Warcraft. With The Great Push, our first one-off tournament of the year, we are bringing a new style of competitive dungeon running distinct from the foundations set by the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI). Instead of teams fighting to beat their opponent’s time, The Great Push is focused on teams pushing keys as high as they can, striving to out survive their competitors and be crowned the champion!
How The Great Push Works
• The Great Push stands separate from the MDI. Any team of five players can register for their shot at the $20,000 (USD) prize pool!
• Teams will compete in the initial qualifier phase, the Proving Grounds, on May 22-23, Where teams will be given two dungeon keystone combinations to push to the highest difficulty they can reach on the tournament realm.
• The top six teams from the qualifier will be invited to the main tournament, where they will compete across the different Shadowlands Dungeons to push their keystones as high as possible.
• The winning team will be the one who has the highest overall score for dungeons pushed and will be crowned the champion.
• There are no pre-requisites required to play in the tournament, teams can sign up for The Great Push through May 17!
The tournament will be broadcast live on YouTube and Twitch, and players will also be able to stream their perspectives during the tournament, including their time in the Proving Grounds. You can choose to follow your favorite team and players while keeping up with the casters for the overall standings throughout the weekend.