The Division 2 releases Title Update 12
Title Update 12 launches Season 4 with new weapons, gear, and other updates.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
TU 12 includes Season 4, new weapons and gear, the optimization station, updates to The Summit and quality of life improvements. Season 4 and updates to The Summit are available for all Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion owners while the game improvements in Title Update 12 will be available for all Division 2 players.
Title Update 12 includes the following below:
Season 4 (Warlords of New York Players): The Division has learned that Faye Lau, Division commander-turned rogue, is working together with four ex-Division operatives recruited by Black Tusk, now under her command. However, her motivation to turn on The Division remains a mystery. With Lau leading the rogue cell, the Division suspects a sinister plan that needs to be uncovered. Agents must now engage in the most important manhunt yet, where they must first target the four rogues in order to eliminate the cell, and ultimately get to Lau herself! In the second half of Season 4, players will also see improved frame rates for The Division 2 on next gen consoles. Leagues and Global Events also continue with new weekly events. Improvements to The Summit (Warlords of New York Players): Summit improvements include the following:
• Challenges, a new progression loop in The Summit, will come in two categories – Tactical and Ascent. Completing challenges will earn players a variety of rewards, as well as milestone rewards depending on the overall number of challenges completed. Upon reaching the 100th floor, all completed challenges will reset.
• New Commendations
• Guaranteed targeted loot rewards when unlocking a new elevator checkpoint (based on the player’s personal targeted loot selection).
• A new objective category and increased variation for the existing objectives to improve variety.
New Gear and Weapons (Warlords of New York Players): TU 12 will also include a new variety of rewards, including:
• Seasonal outfit and gearset: Rigger – Allows Agents to make the most out of their skills. Rigger focuses on faster deployment and lethality.
• Brand set: Empress International
• New skill variant: Achilles Pulse – Reveals the enemies’ weak points, allowing Agents to focus on those areas and bring foes down with extra damage.
• Three new exotics
• Four named items
Additional Features (Warlords of New York Players): TU 12 also includes the following:
• Optimization Station: The Recalibration Station will include an additional “Optimization” feature, where players can optimize the stats on their items and view their optimization materials.
• Global Event Vendor: Players can now earn stars by completing Global Event Challenges, which can be spent in the Global Event Vendor. Here, Agents can buy Crafting Caches, Season Caches, Exotic Caches, and more.
Quality of Life Improvements (All Players): Based on player feedback, a number of improvements have been added in TU 12.
• Players now have the option to wear masks whenever they want (previously, masks were worn in contaminated areas).
• Inventory size increases from 100 to 150 for players to store weapons and gear.
• Players can now pick up the turret skill (previously, they were required to either wait for it to time out or had to manually destroy it, waiting for the subsequent cooldown).
• The number of loadout slots have been increased by 4 to 16.
• Improved inventory management allows players to filter gear mods.
Holiday Event Starting today, players will have another chance to acquire the exclusive holiday-themed weapon that shoots … snowballs. Also, new this year, a limited-time Hunter mask is up for grabs at the top of The Summit upon completion.
New Apparel Event: Starting Dec. 22, the new Outguard Apparel Event will feature four new cosmetic items to add to the game’s apparel collection.