Maid of Sker now haunting PS4 and Xbox One
The survival game Maid of Sker launched on PS4 and Xbox One today.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Perp Games:
Inspired by the haunting true story of Elizabeth Williams, players take on the role of Thomas Evans, a musician thrust into a terrifying battle to save the woman he loves. Set in 1898, players are armed only with a defensive sound device and charged with keeping eyes open and staying alert as they solve the supernatural mystery that hangs over the Sker Hotel.
Maid of Sker players will encounter:
• A 3D Sound-Based AI System – This is the core survival gameplay mechanic. In order to make it past enemies with super hearing, players must master hiding, running, creeping, trapping and distracting techniques.
• Increased Difficulty – As players progress, enemies become more difficult to avoid, to the point where standing still and holding your breath is the only option. However, run out of breath and – suffer.
• Realistic 4K Visuals – Making the action even more chilling, the realistic visuals feature 4K uncapped on PC and enhancements on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
• A Multiple-Thread Narrative – Players’ decisions are especially meaningful, unlocking different story paths and multiple endings.
• A Terrifying Experience – Taking inspiration from R.D. Blackmore’s 19th century novel, “The Maid of Sker,” and the original Welsh ballad, “Y Ferch o’r Sger,” the story is told in a truly sinister way, reigniting one of the most haunting tales in Wales.