The Division 2 launches update & announces free weekend
Title Update 11 introduces a new mode, Twitch drops, Season 3, and a free-to-play weekend from September 24th to 28th.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Today, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Warlords of New York announces the launch of the Title Update 11, including the release of a new replayable mode, The Summit. To celebrate the latest update, Twitch Drops are now available, rewarding players who watch any of The Division 2 streams. In addition, a Free Weekend will be available on all platforms.
• Twitch Drops: From now until October 6, all Twitch streamers within The Division 2 directory are eligible for Twitch Drops. This means all viewers will receive free rewards if they watch any of The Division 2 streams during that period. Twitch Drop rewards include three Legacy Caches (after watching for 30 minutes) and an exclusive milkshake backpack trophy (after watching for one hour).
• Free Weekend: From September 24 to September 28, The Division 2 will be free to play on the Xbox One family of devices, including the Xbox One X, PS4 computer entertainment system, Epic Games, UPLAY and Stadia. As revealed during the Ubisoft Forward pre-show, Title Update 11 includes:
• The Summit (Warlords of New York Players): Playing in squads or solo, this new replayable mode will take Division Agents to a high-rise building, where they can scale up to 100 floors of action. Players will face different challenges and enemies on each floor as they progress toward the rooftop, where a special battle awaits.
• Season 3 (Warlords of New York Players): Season 3 features a new manhunt, as players will target Bardon Schaeffer, the elusive leader of the Black Tusk as he recruits four disavowed agents to form and lead a new rogue cell.
• Major Improvements (All Players): Core changes and major improvements will be introduced as part of TU 11 including Appearance Mods, Improved loot and Agnostic Mod slots.