Genki Covert Dock for Switch ships
The Genki Covert Dock portable charger and dock for the Nintendo Switch is now available.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Human Things:|
This pocket-sized plug has all of the form and function of the Switch’s dock, as well as the ability to charge and display other USB-C devices on any screen, making any TV your playground. It’s one plug that charges, connects and streams.
• 90% smaller than the native Switch Dock and 22% smaller than native Switch charger
• First-ever charger with built-in HDMI display, allowing the Switch to output 1080p to TV
• A safe third-party Nintendo Switch dock that controls both the power flow and docking data in one device (Human Things' engineer wrote an article on how Switches get damaged by previous third-party docks on Reddit, that was featured on Ars Technica)
• Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology replaces silicon providing higher efficiency, cooler operation, and a smaller carbon footprint
• Charging is compliant with Nintendo Switch standards and Power Delivery (PD) 3.0
• 30 watts so it’s able to fast-charge the Switch, smartphones, tablets and even many USB-C powered laptops
• Doesn’t require any additional software installation, device drivers or hardware adapters
• Foldable prongs eliminate snags when you pack it on the go
• Global adapters that easily slide on and off for use in over 180 countries
The Genki Covert Dock retails for $74.99 USD and can be purchased at Amazon.