PS4 and Xbox One get the Freedom Finger
The shmup Freedom Finger is now available on PS4 and Xbox One, and the game has received an update on PC and Switch.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Wide Right:|
Featuring a star-studded lineup of voice actors and music talent including voice legend Nolan North and underground hip-hop artist Aesop Rock, this enhanced version includes new stages, new music tracks, a fully unlocked arcade mode, optional God mode, new language options and more! Additionally, Switch and Steam owners can access the same new content by downloading the Rhymesayers Update, a free update that releases today!
Created by Emmy nominated producer Jim Dirschberger (Sanjay and Craig), Freedom Finger is a wacky and foul-mouthed trip through 40 handcrafted levels piloting the middle finger space ship in order to protect Democracy and rescue the inhabitants of the American space station on the moon. Shoot and beat ‘em up fans will both find something to enjoy in Freedom Finger, as players are able to shoot, punch and even grab oncoming enemies and use them as a weapon.
Featuring perfectly timed rhythm-based chaos every moment in Freedom Finger is musically driven on-coming enemies will increase just as tempos increase in each of the game’s kick-ass tracks. With various levels of difficulty, Freedom Finger lets players sit back and enjoy the kooky ride or ramp up the difficulty for some bat$#!% crazy action. For those wanting a more toned-down PG-13 experience, a censored mode is also included complete with voice-overs befitting that of a rated-R movie being played on daytime television.
A list of features include:
• Classic shmup gameplay blended with melee combat! You're flying a ship shaped like a giant hand, so use it! Punch, grab, and shoot enemies to smithereens! The unique grab attack allows you to capture enemies and use their guns as power-ups!
• Rhythm-based gameplay, enemies, bosses, and events are synced to the music
• Fight your way through 40 handcrafted levels, spread out over 13 worlds! Each world features new enemies, power-ups, and challenges!
• A fully voiced, fully animated Story Mode featuring Nolan North (Uncharted, Avengers), John DiMaggio (Futurama, Adventure Time, Gears of War), Sam Riegel (Critical Role), and Eric Bauza (Rick & Morty).
• A unique soundtrack including original music by Aesop Rock and licensed tracks from Red Fang, METZ, Power Trip, Com Truise, White Fence, Ty Segall, Makeup and Vanity Set, True Widow, The Radio Dept., Drab Majesty, John Maus, Vektroid, Danimal Cannon, Cleaners from Venus, Male Gaze, Ezee Tiger, The Mall, and many more!
• A wide selection of difficulty settings. Whether you want to chill and enjoy the story or crank the difficulty for a butt-blasting ridiculous challenge, we've got you covered!
• A highly satirical storyline that explores hot-button topics such as communism, US foreign policy, sriracha sauce, and crafting in video games.
Rhymesayers Update - Now Live For Switch and Steam
Additionally Wide Right Interactive has released a massive free update to the Switch and Steam versions of Freedom Finger! The new content, dubbed the Rhymesayers Update, adds new levels featuring original music by legendary underground hip-hop artist, Aesop Rock. Additionally, the update features a wide variety of enhancements and fixes: