Free content update dropped on Borderlands 3
Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite and Mayhem 4 are included in the latest patch/content updated for Borderlands 3.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Both Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite and Mayhem 4 are being introduced in this free content update, giving veteran Vault Hunters more ways to put their skills to the test.
Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite is a brand new raid-style challenge tuned for coordinated co-op parties of four max-level characters, with restricted respawning to make your opposition that much deadlier. The all-new Mayhem 4 puts a spin Mayhem Mode by removing all player penalties and instead applying just two random modifiers: one that applies a bonus to players and one that applies a bonus to enemies. It also offers its own exclusive batch of Legendary gear that will only drop while Mayhem 4 is enabled.
As discussed on today’s episode, this patch also brings all of the following changes:
• All bosses will now have dedicated loot pools so you can more efficiently farm for coveted Legendary items;
• Maximum Bank Space will be upgraded from 50 to 300 slots; as usual, SDUs that boost your bank size can be purchased from Marcus aboard Sanctuary III;
• A Target Dummy wearing a very familiar mask will be installed in Sanctuary III's shooting range so you can safely test out your weapons;
• New Vending Machines will be deployed across multiple maps;
• Players will notice overall UI performance improvements.
Finally, Gearbox announced Mayhem 2.0, a long-term plan to overhaul Mayhem Mode with more UI support, new Mayhem Modifiers that change gameplay more dramatically, Mayhem playlists, new rewards, and additional levels of Mayhem to work through. More information about Mayhem 2.0 will be available next year.