Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games to include 2D events
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will launch on November 5th and include classic 2D events.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Enjoy 10 different classic 2D events with friends and family:
...all presented in a generation-spanning game for the ages! If you've never seen Bowser in classic 2D perform an armstand dive off a 10-meter platform into the water, you're in for an incredible time.
What you need to know about Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020:
· New Events and More: Debut events including surfing, skateboarding, karate, and sport climbing will all be playable in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020; joining the classic event line-up of gymnastics, swimming, 110m hurdles, football, equestrian, and archery.
· Different Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of the Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
· Split-Screen and Online Fun ·: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 delivers multiplayer, both local split-screen and online, fun for all ages and groups.
· Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from a star-studded SEGA- and Nintendo-franchise athlete roster that includes Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Peach, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Yoshi, Tails, and more to be announced!
· 10 Classic 2D Events: Experience Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games in a brand-new way with classic 2D versions of 10 events from the Tokyo 1964 Summer Olympics.
Dash, jump, climb, surf and more in 21 3D events, including: