Assassin's Creed sending you on an Odyssey to Hades
The Torment of Hades, the second episode of The Fate of Atlantis, is now available for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Each of the episodes of The Fate of Atlantis will introduce new ability enhancements related to the different branches of the skill tree – Hunter, Warrior and Assassin. In this second episode, players will discover three new ability enhancements, including:
• Kronos Time Shift is part of the Warrior branch of the skill tree, and will launch players into the air while temporarily blinding surrounding enemies. While you are in the air, time stops for a moment, letting you use abilities from above or in a chain with Leap of Faith’s ground smash. When you shoot in the air, the damage will also automatically crit targets.
• Ares Last Breath is also part of the Warrior branch of the skill tree. This healing ability will grant immunity to enemy attacks, restore 5% of damage dealt as Health and automatically parry enemy melee hits.
• Artemis Trickery is part of the Hunter branch of the skill tree, and will transform players’ arrows into deadly traps that detonate and deal damage to enemies that come in close proximity. Any type of arrow can be used and will offer a different type of effect on detonation.
In order to play Torment of Hades, players will have two different options:
• Following the main game, players will have to complete the questline Between Two Worlds, the mythological main game story arc, and the Lost Tales of Greece questline Heir of Memories that is available after completing the former questline. Finally, they must have reached character level 28 or above.
• Players who do not fulfill all the above conditions will be able to use a shortcut created specifically for them. Thanks to this shortcut, players will enter Greece level 52 with preset abilities and resources, enabling them to start their adventure into the afterlife with Heir of Memories. They will also have the opportunity to choose their hero. However, contrary to the previous option, player progression using the shortcut will not carry over to the main game save, and they will not be able to obtain achievements.