Blizzard Entertainment makes its return to Comic-Con International: San Diego this July 18-22 with a full lineup highlighted by panel opportunities, event-exclusive items, talent signings, product news, and more. Featured this year are the company's acclaimed Overwatch, StarCraft, World of Warcraft, and Hearthstone franchises as well as various activities from its Blizzard Publishing book label.
BLIZZARD'S SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS
• Behind the Cards: The Art of Blizzard's Hearthstone, Thursday July 19, 12:00pm-1:00pm Room 5AB
o Ben Thompson (art director), Hadidjah Chamberlain (senior FX artist), Jomaro Kindred (senior concept artist), and Matt Dixon (illustrator) offer a deep dive into the world of card creation for Blizzard Entertainment's hit digital card game Hearthstone. Surprise and delight await as panelists walk attendees through the development of cards from the upcoming expansion, The Boomsday Project, from initial concept sketches to final card art.
• Behind the Scenes of Overwatch's Newest Hero, Friday July 20, 3:15pm-4:15pm Room 6BCF
o Overwatch developers Michael Chu (lead writer), Arnold Tsang (assistant art director), Geoff Goodman (lead hero designer), and Geoffrey Garnett (senior sound designer) present a behind-the-scenes look into the creative process of developing the story, art, and gameplay kit for Overwatch's newest hero, Wrecking Ball. Learn more about Overwatch hero design and participate in Q&A with the developers after the panel.
• Chapters and Panels: Blizzard Publishing, Saturday July 21, 3:30pm-4:30pm Room 5AB
o See how Blizzard's many worlds are crafted into compelling art and narrative through an array of books and comics. Some of the industry's top authors discuss how they bring to life engaging stories that expand and widen the universes of Blizzard's games through the perspectives of some of gaming's most unique characters. Panelists will highlight recent releases, hint at what may be yet to come, and perhaps unveil a surprise or two. Moderated by Blizzard Publishing senior editor Cate Gary. Panelists include Christie Golden, Jody Houser, Mark Evanier, and Steve Danuser.
Blizzard Featured Items July 18-22:
• Attendees will be able to purchase the following items from the Blizzard Entertainment Booth #140
o Cute But Deadly: D.Va with MEKA
o Cute But Deadly: Banshee Sylvanas and Holy Light Anduin 2-Pack
o Overwatch: Goldimari Mini Plush
o Cute But Deadly: Twilight Orisa
o Funko POP! Vinyl: Roadhog & Junkrat 2-Pack
o Overwatch Blizzard World fine art
Blizzard Licensed Partner Exclusives (available for purchase):
• Grillmaster 76 SDCC Exclusive Funko, July 18-22 Funko POP! Booth #5341
• New StarCraft Comic #1 Exclusive SDCC cover, July 18-22 Dark Horse Booth #2615
Overwatch X Tokidoki The Heroes Collection Launch (brand-new release available for purchase):
• Overwatch X Tokidoki The Heroes Collection, July 18-22 Tokidoki Booth #5037 & Blizzard Booth #140
Blizzard Booth Activations:
• Tokidoki Signing, July 21 2:00pm-4:00pm Blizzard Booth #140
o Attendees will have the chance for a signature from Simone Legno, founder of Tokidoki
o Signing is limited, wristband distribution will be Saturday morning at the Blizzard Booth
• Christie Golden Signing July 21 5:00pm-6:30pm Blizzard Booth #140
o Writer of the New York Times bestselling World of Warcraft novel Before the Storm
• Overwatch Payload Tour, July 18-22 Omni Hotel Floor 4 Grand Ballroom
o Choose from a selection of Overwatch weapons (Henchmen Studios-created props)
o Step onto the 360-degree rotating stage, where you'll be transported into an Overwatch map
o Share a video of the experience with friends and the Overwatch community
o Every participant will receive an exclusive Overwatch pin
• GameStop Grillmaster 76 Cosplayer Photo Op from Henchmen Studios, July 20 SDCC Show Floor
o Find the Grillmaster 76 Cosplayer on the show floor for a unique photo-op!