Travel the Road to Battlefield V all summer long
DICE today detailed the expansion giveaways and weekly events planned for Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4, and the content that will carry over to Battlefield V when it is launched in October.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
As we prepare for the launch of Battlefield V on October 19, we wanted to celebrate the players who love Battlefield by giving them opportunities to unlock various rewards while experiencing the best of Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4.
Over the course of the summer, we're giving away expansions from both Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4 to base game owners for free. Battlefield 1 players can also earn gear for later use in Battlefield V, such as an exclusive paratrooper gear and weapon skins.
· We're giving away every expansion for Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4 in the months leading up to Battlefield V. So, watch our calendar to claim those free expansions when they show up.
· In May, players claimed Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar and joined the ranks of the largest mobilized army that entered World War 1 in six massive maps. Not long after, players entered the fight in the 1915 British amphibious assault of the Gallipoli peninsula in Battlefield 1 Turning Tides, which introduced powerful ways to dominate land, sea, and air.
· Before the end of this month, two of the most infamous battles of WW1 will be free with the giveaway of Battlefield 1 Apocalypse.
· You might have missed the previous free expansion giveaways, but players may still get the chance to claim them again in the future.
· You should also mark your calendars for weekly in-game rewards in Battlefield 1. When logging into Battlefield 1, a new menu lists daily tasks that will go toward earning various rewards, like weapon and equipment skins, Dog Tags, and Squad XP Boosts. The available rewards unlock weekly and can be earned during that window. Don't worry if you missed some, you can still earn those too!
· Frequent in-game missions based on the expansions and zodiac star signs.
· Tailor-made map playlists on rotation every Tuesday. They are designed to provide a tour through the variety of Battlefield 1 maps and modes as well as deliver a great place to complete your daily and weekly challenges.
Get a Head Start on Your Battlefield V Gear:
· Those Battlefield 1 in-game rewards also include periodic, exclusive vanity items for Battlefield V, available for use in that game at launch.
· In Battlefield V, you'll be able to customize your Company of soldiers with Special Soldier Sets containing weapon skins, camo patterns, head gear, and face paint for the British Special Air Service and German Airborne troops. Six of these are available when you pre-order the Battlefield V Deluxe Edition, but the only way to earn an additional 2 soldier sets is via the Road to Battlefield V.
We recently wrapped Stage 1 with the giveaway of Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar and Battlefield 4 Final Stand expansions and various rewards. More stages will follow as we near the release of Battlefield V.
Check the Battlefield Calendar for more info.