Overwatch deploys Patch 1.25
A number of game changes have come to Overwatch today with the release of Patch 1.25.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Blizzard Entertainment:|
· Whenever players finish a match, they can now use Endorsements to recognize their teammates for exceptional teamwork, sportsmanship, or shot calling. Opponents can be endorsed for good sportsmanship as well!
· Endorsing players will earn you bonus XP, and the more endorsements you rack up from other players, the higher your Endorsement Level will rise, up to 5. Scaling rewards based on this level can be claimed periodically.
Looking For Group
· Players can now use the Looking For Group interface to form their own groups with custom parameters. Choose roles, team compositions, desired endorsement levels, and even merge with other groups.
· Career Profiles now have adjustable privacy settings, with your choice of Public, Friend Only, or Private.
New Damage Category
· The Offense and Defense hero roles have been merged to form a single Damage category.
· The reality-bending hero Symmetra has undergone one of the biggest overhauls since Overwatch's release, donning the new Damage role and coming in with a brand new primary attack, secondary attack, two new abilities, and a new ultimate ability. More details on her re-work can be found here: (us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/symmetra-rework/122234)
· The map Horizon Lunar Colony has received design changes for both game balance and cosmetic purposes, adding more cover to objective points, some flora to the botany sections, and more!
For a full list of these changes, check our patch notes at the following link: playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/pc