Shape of the World comes into shape in June
Plug In Digital
The exploration game Shape of the World will be available on PC and PS4 on June 5th, and Switch and Xbox One on June 6th.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Plug In Digital:|
The world that grows around you... The environment and flora continuously flourish and fade as you wander in Shape of the World, a serene and surreal first-person explorer. You'll travel through dream-like forests, aquatic caves and peaceful shores accompanied by psychedelic wildlife. No ticking clock or hidden perils laying in wait will prevent you from enjoying your journey... Experience a couple of hours escape from work, anxiety and stress.
"I'm thrilled to officially announce that Shape of the World is coming to multiple platforms this June," said Hollow Tree Game's founder, Stu Maxwell. He also works as a senior VFX artist for The Coalition, the studio behind Gears Of War 4. "After four years of developing the game in my own time after work, it's exciting to see my project finally hitting the (digital) shelves."
· First-person explorer: Unwind as you wander at your own pace in surreal environments that beckon you to explore, hinting at distant landmarks and encouraging you to delve deeper into the woods.
· 4K support: Enjoy the experience in native 4K on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.
· Play with an organic and mysterious ecosystem: Interact with graceful animals, ephemeral flora, and intriguing monoliths. Your actions will alter the world you discover in vibrant and unexpected ways, leaving you to wonder what will happen with each new path you forge, each abandoned hollow you stumble upon.
· A living world: The forest only materializes as you move through it, and regrows anew as you pass through areas you've previously explored. The handcrafted world offers you landmarks and familiar terrain to guide you through to the end of your trip.
· A dynamic soundtrack that responds to the player's travels: The audio shifts along with the visuals, providing an enveloping aural experience to match your psychedelic journey and amplify your immersion. Listen to a sample of the soundtrack by Brent Silk here: brentsilk.bandcamp.com/releases