World of Warships launching into space
World of Warships is launching a limited time space mode in honor of April Fool's Day.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Space, the final frontier. In light of today's rapidly changing gaming landscape, World of Warships continues to astonish its audience and announces a new game mode—SPACE WARSHIPS—that will pave the way for a monumental shift in its developmental focus. Running from March 29 to April 11, this special April Fool's release goes beyond sea skirmishes and historical battles, bringing a fresh and exciting experience to its audience. Players will soon learn that in space, no one can hear you cry "Action stations!".
"We always strive to keep the game focused on history, but at the same time we are very open to bringing interesting collaborations and events into the game to entertain our players. Our community means the world to us and we always endeavor to treat it with the respect it deserves," said Artur Plociennik, Executive Producer of World of Warships. "When trying something new, we always keep in mind that we've got quite a dedicated fanbase following our every move. We have to set the bar high for ourselves and then check with the community whether it's high enough—which is why we're letting them give us their feedback for this new mode."
Space Warships introduces 9 unique Tier X spaceships and cosmic commanders—each with their own strengths on the battlefield, providing an out-of-this-world gaming experience.
These are the mighty space vessels leaving port: FlyFire: an elegant design with excellent rocket armament and awesome stealth systems
· Galaxy: quantum-cumulative shells and an anti-drone disruptor field will surely come in handy
· Hellcarrier: control swarms of drones to conquer even the most distant corners of space!
· Paris: armor and speed combined with quick-firing guns and unique ion thrusters
· Zaya: as beautiful as a star butterfly, and as dangerous as a Tellurian serpent—that's all you need to know
· Norma: a special turbolaser battery with a unique reloading system, and ion rockets that obliterate all matter in their way
· Aurora: "No phantoms shall pass" is the main motto of the engineers who designed this powerful and majestic cruiser
· Alldestroyer: excellent all-rounder—thick armor, great guns and a large number of small laser turrets
· Blue Aster: a good choice if you need to disintegrate another disintegrator, so that it doesn't disintegrate your disintegrator
Space Warships will be available to all players who have reached Level 12 and have a Tier VI ship or higher. To unlock the above spaceships, each commander will have to first carry out a special battle mission.
Learn more about Space Warships at spacewarships.com.