For Honor Season Three set to launch
For Honor Season Three, Grudge & Glory, will be available on all platforms tomorrow, August 15th.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
"Grudge & Glory" will bring the largest update to For Honor to date and includes two additional heroes, two extra maps, ranked play, new customization items for all heroes as well as continuous gameplay updates. Maps and ranked play will be free for all players at the start of Season Three. The new heroes - the proud Highlander and the deadly Gladiator - will be available tomorrow for season pass holders, and for all players on August 22 for 15,000 Steel each.
With the launch of Season Three, there has never been a better time to step onto the battlefield. Season Three's offerings include:
• Highlander (Viking Hybrid): Highlanders are patient heroes capable of switching between two different fighting forms. Their defensive form allows for counter-attacking and trading blows, while their offensive form empowers them to unleash their deadliest attacks at the expense of being able to block. Wielding the heaviest and longest sword in the game, the Highlander's massive claymore gives them a deadly combination of strength and range.
• Gladiator (Knight Assassin): Wielding a trident and shield, Gladiators have made a living off of killing for sport, and now bring their ruthlessness and skill to war. Equipped with little armor, they can punch their opponents to create separation to set up attacks and stuns. Their larger stamina meter and reduced cooldown times make them extremely agile and dangerous opponents.
• New Maps: Sentinel and Viking Village join the selection of multiplayer maps. Each map holds unique and deadly hazards never before seen in For Honor, adding a new dynamic to multiplayer matches. Viking Village's massive rolling barrel is a dynamic hazard able to squash heroes, while a ballista gives players the opportunity to take down even the mightiest heroes from above on Sentinel.
• Duel Ranked Tournament: The introduction of 1v1 duel tournament will bring competitive ranked play to For Honor for all platforms. As players compete in tournaments, they will rise up the league rankings based on their performance and receive in-game rewards.
• New Gear and Expanded Gear Rarity: A new level of gear rarity, legendary gear, will increase the maximum gear score from 144 to 180. Additionally, the max reputation for all heroes will increase from 30 to 40. New gear will also be added for all heroes, giving players more customization options.
For Honor Season Three "Grudge & Glory" represents the beginning of large game-changing updates currently planned in the development schedule. Additional updates include a season launching in November to introduce new features, game modes and updates as well as plans to implement dedicated servers to the game further down the road.