The Elder Scrolls Online returning players to Vvardenfell
The Elder Scrolls Online expansion Morrowind will launch on June 6th.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Bethesda Softworks:|
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind redefines the traditional MMO expansion by delivering vast new content and features that are equally accessible and fun for both existing and new ESO players.
· New Players: New players can jump into The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind and start a new character without having to complete any previous ESO content. And, since the original ESO game is included with The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, new players will have instant access to hundreds of hours of additional adventures throughout Tamriel.
· Existing Players: ESO veterans will be able to upgrade and immediately journey to Vvardenfell to start the new epic adventure. With the power of October's One Tamriel update, existing players will find level-appropriate content from the moment they step onto the island of Vvardenfell, regardless of level. Existing players can also choose to create a new character and begin anew.
· Haven't played ESO in a while? The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind is a great chance to jump back in with your existing characters, or with a completely new one. Because ESO has no required subscription, you can just reinstall the game, log in, and start playing again.
RETURN TO MORROWIND
Vvardenfell is the largest zone added to The Elder Scrolls Online since launch and utilizes the same geographic footprint as The Elder Scrolls III, including all key points of interest from the classic game. Players will embark on a dangerous journey through legendary locales in Vvardenfell, 700 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls III, from the docks of Seyda Neen, to the volcanic Ashlands, to dense, mushroom-filled forests, and through the glory of Vivec City, still under construction in this time period.
NEW CLASS - THE WARDEN
Players will harness nature-based magic to master the powerful new character class - The Warden. The Warden is the first new class since launch of ESO and true to ESO and the Elder Scrolls franchise, the player will have the freedom to select from a number of abilities that enable a variety of play styles. The Warden also introduces a devastating new combat ally - the War Bear - a ferocious fighter will stay by the Warden's side through the most intense battles.
AN INCREDIBLE ELDER SCROLLS STORY
Set roughly 700 years prior to the events of The Elder Scrolls III, The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind will take gamers on a sweeping adventure through the legendary Vvardenfell, featuring iconic locations, characters, and storylines that will instill nostalgia with longtime Elder Scrolls fans and extend ESO's narrative into a new chapter. Morrowind is in dire peril and it's up to player heroes to help Vivec, the legendary warrior-poet and Guardian of Vvardenfell, solve the mystery of his mysterious illness, regain his strength - and save the world from ultimate destruction.
NEW PvP MODE -- BATTLEGROUNDS
The Elder Scrolls Online is renowned for open world PvP battles, pitting hundreds of players in a massive battle for supremacy in Cyrodiil. The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind will introduce a new PvP mode - Battlegrounds - intense 4v4v4 battles in arena-like environments. Players take the battle to the Ashlands to claim their place among the fiercest and most accomplished combat veterans in Tamriel.
RELEASE AND VERSION DETAILS; PRE-ORDER BONUSES
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind will release globally for PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on June 6, 2017. The game is now available for pre-order on all platforms. Please visit www.ElderScrollsOnline.com for more information. Editions available include:
· Standard Edition ($59.99): Includes The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind as well as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.
· Upgrade Edition ($39.99): Existing players can upgrade their current game to unlock the new The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind content.
· Digital Collector's Edition ($79.99): New players can grab this special collection of in-game bonuses by purchasing digitally:
· Digital Collector's Upgrade ($59.99): Existing players who only need an upgrade can grab all the digital goodies from the Digital Collector's Edition with the Digital Collector's Upgrade.
· Collector's Edition ($99.99): The ultimate fan of The Elder Scrolls Online can grab the Collector's Edition, which contains everything included in the Digital Collector's Edition, as well as:
· PRE-ORDER BONUS -- THE DISCOVERY PACK: Fans who pre-order The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind will be rewarded with a collection of exclusive in-game bonuses, including: