Gwent being dealt to PC and consoles
CD Projekt Red
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game will be available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and beta registration is now open.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From CD Projekt Red:|
In Gwent, gamers clash with their friends in fast-paced duels that combine bluffing, on-the-fly decision making and careful deck construction. The game is played over a best-of-three series of rounds, as players unleash their hand by slinging spells and diverse units with special abilities and use clever tricks to deceive their opponents.
"I would like to thank all the fans for supercharging us to make standalone Gwent happen. Thousands of e-mails in dozens of languages coming from all around the world, the phone calls, the forum posts, and more than 40 fan made versions - all this, and everything in between, didn't go unnoticed," said Marcin Iwiński, CD PROJEKT co-founder. "Yes, we were mysteriously quiet after the launch of The Witcher 3, but during all this time we were hard at work on what we just unveiled today - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game. We've taken all that heart and energy you gave us and put it into Gwent," continues Iwiński. "If you enjoyed Gwent in The Witcher 3, I think I don't have to convince you to sign-up for the beta. If you hadn't tried it yet, there's no better time. Go register, play the beta for free starting from September and share your feedback with us. Tell us what you like, and what you don't. Tell us what we should change or improve. We made this game for you, so let's shape it together."
Available at release for Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4, Gwent is a free-to-play game that puts you, not your cards, in the center of the action.
WELCOME TO Gwent - Deck Building
· Become a master cardsmith and battle friends from around the world!
· Pick your side -- command 5 different factions: the mighty Nilfgaardian Empire, proud Skellige, brutal Monsters, cunning Northern Realms or shadowy Scoia'tael.
· Build your deck -- collect new cards and deploy armies full of versatile units, unique heroes and rule-flipping cards that summon fog to blind your opponent's archers or call down dragon fire to destroy their strongest units.
· Craft new cards -- break down unwanted cards and craft new ones to build an ever-evolving deck.
BLUFF YOUR WAY TO VICTORY - Rules & Tricks
· If you can't overpower your enemy, make sure you know how to outsmart them!
· Force their hand -- with limited cards per game, lure your opponent into draining their resources!
· Lose the battle, win the war -- win the entire game by learning how to cleverly lose a round.
· Hold the line -- play your cards across three rows, infantry, ranged and siege, and build a formation to counter your opponent's strategy.
BRING YOUR ARMY TO THE TABLE - Game Modes
Embark on a story-driven single player journey, or just play online for fun, fame and glory!
· Story Campaign -- lead mighty armies during prominent events straight from The Witcher universe.
· Friendly Matches -- test your deck, try out new strategies, or just show off your collection of rare, animated cards.
· Ranked Matches -- rise through player-driven divisions and advance to the Pro League.