Call of Duty XP returns to Los Angeles in September
Call of Duty XP 2016 will be held at the Forum in Inglewood, California from September 2nd through 4th.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Call of Duty XP 2016 will bring the thrilling finals to the Call of Duty World League Championship, Presented by PlayStation4 and played on Call of Duty: Black Ops III, as well as the reveal and first hands-on for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered multiplayer and new Call of Duty: Black Ops III Downloadable Content. Fans will also get to play the first Call of Duty VR experience on site, and will have other 'you-had-to-be-there' live action experiences inspired by Call of Duty, including Nuketown paintball, Zombies laser tag and other fun.
The epic Call of Duty XP festivities center around the eagerly-awaited Call of Duty World League Championship, Presented by PlayStation4, the culmination of the inaugural season of the Call of Duty World League (CWL), Presented by PlayStation4. After nearly a year of tough competition from across the globe, 32 of the top teams worldwide will compete for more than $2 million in prizing, as part of the CWL's 2016 prize pool which tops $3.5 million. Both prizes are the largest in Call of Duty history. After setting viewership records for Call of Duty competitive events during the Stage 1 Finals, the CWL is moving toward the highly-anticipated Stage 2 Finals, where the first Call of Duty World League Championship qualifiers will be determined. Major League Gaming is the official tournament operator of the Call of Duty World League Championship, Presented by PlayStation4. Fans can watch the excitement unfold on the Live Event Viewer in Black Ops III on PlayStation4, MLG.tv on the web and mobile devices, and at www.callofduty.com.
Additionally, live at Call of Duty XP, thousands of eager fans will witness the world-premiere of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer, and be the first in the world to go hands-on with multiplayer as well as Infinity Ward's all-new cooperative zombies mode. Attendees will also be the first to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered multiplayer. Fans have the rare opportunity to play the latest Call of Duty games before their highly-anticipated November 4th release. Additionally, further reflecting the full breadth of the Call of Duty franchise, attendees will be among the first to play new downloadable content for Call of Duty: Black Ops III. All Call of Duty XP attendees will have the chance to compete for prizes by showcasing their skills in 6 vs. 6 competitive matches, as more than 500 gameplay stations will be set up on site for fans to enjoy.
"Call of Duty XP is going to be the biggest Call of Duty fan celebration in history," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "The best Call of Duty players in the world will be front and center trying to win the first Call of Duty World League Championship at what is sure to be our biggest Esports event ever. Plus, fans will be able to see and play more hands-on content and reveals in one place than we've ever had, from Infinite Warfare, to Modern Warfare Remastered to Black Ops III DLC. Plus, there will be an off-the-charts list of Call of Duty inspired activities that you can't experience anywhere else."
Built specifically for the community, Call of Duty XP immerses fans in all of the action and excitement that embody Call of Duty. Players will be able to challenge each other in a frenetic paintball battle on a life-sized Call of Duty: Black Ops Nuketown multiplayer map, or team up with other fans in an intense laser tag experience inspired by Infinite Warfare's new zombies game mode.
"As a presenting partner of the Call of Duty World League, it's been exciting to watch these talented teams compete and we're looking forward to the culmination of the tournament during the Call of Duty Championship. We're also thrilled to be bringing PlayStation VR to the amazing lineup of event activities, where fans will experience the thrill of piloting their own Jackal fighter jet," said Adam Boyes, VP of Publisher Relations, Sony Interactive Entertainment America. "We're proud to partner with Activision and Call of Duty on the return of this historic fan celebration and this can't miss Call of Duty community gathering."
Other Call of Duty XP activities include:
· Immersive PlayStation VR Experience, where fans can feel what it's like to pilot a Jackal, the personal fighter jet in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
· Dedicated Call of Duty developer panels and Q&As from Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Sledgehammer Games
· Onsite Call of Duty armory and franchise museum
· Call of Duty photo booths and experiential activities
· Surprise musical guest
· More attractions to be announced at a later date
Tickets for Call of Duty XP are available at three price levels and will go on sale at 10:00am Pacific on June 11:
· Enlisted Ticket: $49* - General Admission seating for three days of the Call of Duty World League Championship, Presented by PlayStation4 and access to Call of Duty XP gameplay and activities
· Veteran Ticket: $129* - General Admission seating for three days of the Call of Duty World League Championship, Presented by PlayStation4, access to Call of Duty XP gameplay and activities, the $80 digital Legacy edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and a Care Package with exclusive Call of Duty XP swag
· Prestige Ticket: $199* - Scheduled activities and gameplay, VIP line for activities and gameplay, Player Meet and Greets, access to the VIP lounge, parking pass, premium seating for the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer reveal and Call of Duty World League Championship, Presented by PlayStation4, a $100 Digital Deluxe version of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and a Care Package with exclusive Call of Duty XP swag
*Ticket prices will include additional service fees.
Additionally, all ticket levels will include bonus digital content for both Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, which include a calling card and weapon camo for each game.
For fans who can't attend Call of Duty XP in person, select events from the celebration, as well as the Call of Duty World League Championship, Presented by PlayStation 4, will be livestreamed in HD on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/callofduty and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/callofduty.
For more information about Call of Duty XP 2016, ticket information and the Call of Duty World League, Presented by PlayStation4, please visit www.callofduty.com/xp.