StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void closed beta date revealed
The closed beta for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void will begin on March 31st.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
This initial phase of the closed beta will include ongoing changes to previously-announced MP units as well as the introduction of a new Protoss unit - the Adept. Players with access to the closed beta will be able to check out PVP multiplayer action as well as Archon Mode, a cooperative/competitive MP mode, where two players share and control one base/army against another opponent or team.
In addition to ongoing updates to previously-announced MP units, we're excited to debut:
A New Protoss Unit: The Adept
· The Adept is a core gateway unit with a ground-only ranged attack and normal movement speed.
· The Adept has an ability that sends out a mirror image of itself, and after a fixed duration, the unit teleports to the location of its duplicate.
· Ruins of Seras - Seras is an ancient temple in a mountainous region of Aiur, the Protoss homeworld. It currently stands in ruins, surrounded by an encroaching jungle.
· Lerilak Crest - Named after the Dark Templar who discovered it, this is an area on a Dark Templar world, embedded by xel'naga ruins.
· Orbital Shipyard - Floating high above Korhal IV, this is a Terran starship repair platform.