Destiny descends into The Dark Below
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below is now available for download on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below marks the first official expansion to the Destiny universe that adds new content to almost every activity in the game, featuring weapons and gear to earn through new story, cooperative and multiplayer activities.
"Destiny is and always has been a long-term vision for us," said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. "An important part of that vision includes listening to the community as we shape what comes next. Since launch, we've made significant real-time improvements to the game based on player feedback, and our first Expansion will include the things people want more of in the Destiny universe. These are new activities, gear and weapons, along with another fan-favorite Raid, that expand the gameplay experience."
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below features the following:
· New Loot - Earn new weapons, armor, and gear, including new Legendary and Exotic items.
· Level Increase - Raise your Light Level to 32
· New Story Missions and Quests - Journey through new Hive-themed story missions and quests where you are tasked with stopping the resurrection of an ancient god, Crota
· New cooperative Strike - The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
· New six-player Raid - Assemble your six-player Fireteam to attempt Crota's End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth with all-new gameplay mechanics and enemy bosses
· New competitive multiplayer arenas:
· New EV-30 Tumbler Sparrow - Players that purchase and redeem the Destiny Expansion Pass or Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below by January 15, 2015 will receive the EV-30 Tumbler Sparrow, enabling its riders to drive fast, take flight, and perform a set of mid-air tricks
· PlayStation Exclusive Content* - PlayStation players will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, The Undying Mind, and exclusive exotic weapon, The 4th Horseman shotgun