Destiny headed to The Dark Below in December
The Dark Below expansion for Destiny will be available on December 9th.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
The Dark Below marks the first expansion to the universe since Destiny's launch in September and features all-new weapons and gear to earn through new story, cooperative and multiplayer activities.
"Destiny was created as a living universe, which has allowed us to improve the experience post launch in real-time," says Harold Ryan, President of Bungie. "It also gives us insight into the things players are looking for in new content. We've seen from feedback that people want new activities, gear and weapons, and of course the immensely popular Raid. The community helps shape our development decisions and that's really important to us."
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will feature the following:
· New weapons, armor, and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
· Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
· New story quests and missions - after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
· New cooperative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
· Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
· New six-player Raid, Crota's End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
· PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, The Undying Mind, and more (timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015)