Our first major update for The Elder Scrolls Online is now available to subscribers. Update 1 introduces ESO's first Adventure Zone, Craglorn, in addition to a host of improvements and fixes.
Craglorn features an intriguing new storyline and challenging gameplay designed especially for groups of Veteran Rank players. You and your allies will take on new quests as you discover the Celestial threat to Tamriel, explore delves where your skills will be put to the test, and even participate in 12-player Trials — a completely new kind of adventure with deadly enemies and fantastic rewards.
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v1.1.2. This version contains our first
major content update: the Adventure Zone Craglorn, as well as many other fixes
You'll need allies to take on the new challenges—Craglorn's quests and
exploration are designed for groups of four Veteran Rank 10+ characters. (You
can enter Craglorn and play the content earlier than Veteran Rank 10.)
We've also added our first Trials in Craglorn, 12-player adventures meant to
test even the strongest heroes. In Trials, your team will have a limited number
of resurrections to use as you attempt to reach the final boss. If you finish
the Trial quickly, you might earn a place on the leaderboards and receive extra
Another new feature is the Death Recap. This screen will help you understand
what contributed to your death and hints that can help improve your performance
Alongside the new content, we're deploying bug fixes and improvements to make
your adventures in Tamriel even better. You'll see fixes for quests and skill
line abilities, updates to systems and quests in Cyrodiil (including bonuses for
outnumbered alliances), and much more.
We're looking forward to your feedback so get in, group up, and enjoy
Craglorn and the rest of the update!
BIG CHANGES / UPDATES / NEW FEATURES
- An Adventure Zone designed for groups of four Veteran Rank characters to
explore, located between Cyrodiil and Skyrim. A new quest available in
Mournhold, Wayrest, and Elden Root will lead you to the zone.
- Hel Ra Citadel and the Aetherian Archive are open! Groups of 12 players
can take on these difficult challenges to earn new loot and a place on the
leaderboards. You can use the group finder tool to locate others for your
Trial group, but be warned: you'll need excellent coordination and skill to
take on the Trials.
- Groups begin a Trial with 36 Soul Reservoirs. This counter decreases
when a group member resurrects, and a Soul is consumed.
- The Trial fails if no Soul Reservoirs remain, and no group members
are left in the Trial.
- You can view this to the right of your Ultimate ability, and it only
appears when you are on an in-progress Trial. You can control this in
the Settings the same way you can control the Action Bar.
- Trial quests give special rewards the first time they are completed each
- When entering a Trail via means other than a door, you will be sent to
the Wayshrine. This includes logging out and logging back in.
- This will not affect players in the Trial staging area.
- Combat with any monster in a Trial will block resurrection for group
members until combat ends.
- Known Issue: The teleport pads in Aetherian Archive will sometimes fail
to work, preventing your group from completing the Trial.
- Trials will trigger a timer that will end when the Trial can no longer
continue or is complete. This timer is used for leaderboard scoring.
- Leaderboards are updated periodically (approximately every five
minutes), so they may not be 100% current when viewed.
- You can see your best times for all Trials via the Trial Leaderboards.
- You can see the Trial Leaderboard of the top 100 times for each Trial,
and the current Trial of the Week.
- Friends and Guild Members will be notified via the Notification window
when you improve your best time in a Trial.
TRIAL OF THE WEEK
- The Trial of the Week starts and ends at specific times, which will be
different for the North American and European megaservers.
- North American Trial of the Week
- Starts on Tuesdays at 2:00pm EDT
- Ends on the following Tuesday at 8:00am EDT
- European Trial of the Week
- Starts on Tuesday at 6:00am EDT
- Ends on the following Tuesday at 12:00am EDT
- If you are on the Trial Leaderboard, you will be rewarded when the Trial
of the Week ends and can expect your item in the mail.
- A new Trial of the Week is selected at the Trial of the Week start time.
- The Trial of the Week leaderboard is cleared when the new Trial of the
VETERAN RANK UPDATES
- You can earn up to Veteran Rank 12 as you continue your adventures in
Craglorn. Additionally, the veteran XP earned from killing enemies has more
DUNGEON CHEST CHANGES
- Chests within instances have undergone two changes:
- Shared Chests - Each player in the group whose character is within
50 meters of the chest when it is unlocked will get an individual roll
on the chest.
- Reduced Number of Chests - Since each chest yields rewards for all
group members, we have reduced the number of chests in instances to two
total. Each instance will always have two chests in then, but the
location of these two chests will be random within the dungeon.
- These changes do not affect chests that appear in public spaces,
only those within instances.
- Death Recap has been added to the game. When your character dies, a
Death Recap window will now appear. It includes vital information about what
contributed to your character's death, including the most recent damage
inflicted on your character and helpful hints to avoid death in the future
based on how your character just perished.
ALLIANCE WAR CHANGES
- Celarus, a new two week Campaign, has been introduced in this patch.
- You may reassign your home campaign to Celarus. However, doing so
will forfeit all progress in your current home campaign.
- Celarus has reduced end of campaign rewards compared to the normal
90 day campaigns.
- All monsters in Cyrodiil and its caves are now Veteran Rank 5.
- A new population underdog bonus has been added. When your alliance is
outnumbered in a campaign (determined over several days of population
samples), it will receive a bonus to potential scoring and alliance points.
You'll see an indication of this bonus in the scoring UI if it is active.
- The XP awarded for killing enemy player characters has been doubled.
- XP rewards for completing the quest to kill 20 enemy player characters
have also been increased.
- Those of you who participated in the Scourge campaign have likely
noticed that it is no longer available following our deployment of Update
1.1.2 today. During the maintenance, we added a new campaign with a 2-week
duration. In light of this new campaign, we intended to close Scourge - but
not quite so soon. An error in our update process ended the campaign
prematurely on the North American megaserver and before we could give you
adequate warning. We know that Scourge players were invested in their
battles in Cyrodiil, and we're reaching out to the campaign's emperors to
ensure their accomplishments are preserved. If you played in Scourge, you'll
retain your Alliance Rank and Points and can transfer to any other campaign.
We apologize for the inconvenience.