Hearts of Iron's hot war turns cold
East vs. West: A Heart of Iron Game will focus on the Cold War from 1946 through 1991 and will ship for the PC in spring 2013.
Video game news headlines delivered to your inbox daily. Click here to subscribe.
|From Paradox Interactive:|
Little known fact, the Cold War was so named because it was very, very cool, and East vs. West: A Hearts of Iron Game is shaping up to be the coolest Cold War game ever made. Players will be able to take control of ANY nation in those nerve-wracking decades in a strategy game with a host of tense features, from taking issues in front of the UN Security Council to nervously watching the game's Doomsday clock.
So prepare to rise to a new historical challenge in "East vs. West: A Hearts of Iron Game", the new game from BL-Logic and Paradox Development Studios set to release in Q2 2013. This grand strategy game takes you from the opening stalemate of the Cold War in 1946 to the end of over four decades of fear and apprehension in 1991.
East vs. West: A Heart of Iron Game Main Features:
- Choose your game style: Lead any nation in the Post-World War II Era and expand your nation's influence while the tension rises
- Keep a watchful eye on the world: Experience a rich 3D topographic map that allows deep strategic decisions
- Take control by all means: Use Diplomacy, Politics, Economy and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations or just outsmart the others in the new economical system.
- Spy on your opponents: Make good use of your superspies from a collection of Spy Cards
- Get support from United Nations: If all else fails, bring your issues in front of the UN General Assembly and hope for a resolution to pass
- Feel the pressure when the Doomsday clock rises: Do you push another issue to get more prestige, or will you back down to prevent an escalation to a possible World War III?
- Take part of the arms race: Fight globally for Ideological Domination and challenge the dynamic military AI. Wage war, secure resources and make sure to control your military production so you are prepared for the worst possible outcome - a global nuclear war.
- Explore a flexible technology system - Research new technologies to give your nation technological superiority and nuclear supremacy. Take part in the exciting space race or try to develop your own nuclear defense systems.
- Control the land, air, sea and beyond: Explore the Strategic warfare system to crush your enemies if the situation arises or use guerillas to do the job for you. Freely customize your ships for your own personal strategies in the brand new naval editor.
- Relive history or change it: Experience historical accuracy that offers unparalleled level of freedom of choice and a large re-playability value
- Multiplayer: Battle against your friends in multiplayer for up to 32 players and don't miss the chance to nuke your friends into oblivion