[4.4] Act II: Secondary Quests
#1: Tywlis' Broken Staff
* Intended level: 30
* Find the reagent Tywlis needs to repair her grandfather's staff
The reagent you need is a rainbow trinket. Keep an eye on your inventory,
it's possible you will already have one or more by the time you reach Aman'lu
the first time. If not, you can pick one up in the Snowbrook Valley in the
Frigid Cave. The cave is to your left as you pass over the first bridge.
#2: A Dark Ohm
* Intended level: 26
* Observe the Vai'kesh during one of their rituals
* Return to mage Lyssanore in Aman'lu
Speak to Lyssanore (the potions/magic merchant in Aman'lu) to start this
quest to learn a chant that allows you to speak with spirits. Once you reach
the Vai'kesh Forest and are pursuing the Vai'kesh Prophet, you'll see a
cutscene of the Prophet setting his minions on you right after emerging from
the first Large Vai'kesh Cavern.
If you explore the cave from whence the Prophet's servants come, you'll find
a door. Open the door, observe the ritual, then return to Lyassanore and
she'll share the Chant of the Dead with you.
#3: Spirits of Aranna
* Intended level: 26
* Find the restless spirit in the Lost Valley of the Azunites
* Find the restless spirit in the Northern Greilyn Jungle
* Find the restless spirit in the Western Greilyn Jungle
* Find the restless spirit near the Eastern Greilyn Beach
* Find the restless spirit in the town of Eirulan
* Find the restless spirit in the Temple of Xeria
* Find the restless spirit in the Tranquil Cave
* Find the restless spirit in Snowbrook Haven
* Find the restless spirit in Arinth's Ravine
* Find the restless spirit in the Aman'lu Inn
* Find the restless spirit in the town of Aman'lu
* Find the restless spirit in the Garden of the Ancients
* Find the restless spirit in the Eastern Plain of Tears
* Find the restless spirit in the town of Kalrathia
* Find the restless spirit in the Mines of Kaderak
* Find the restless spirit in the Morden City of Darthrul
* Find the restless spirit below the town of Kalrathia
* Find the restless spirit in Zaramoth's Horns
Once you have the Chant of the Dead, you can speak to any one of these
spirits to open the quest. There should always be an incantation shrine near
the spirit, and the chant lasts 300 seconds (5 minutes) so there's always
plenty of time to get from shrine to spirit. However, if there are enemies
between the shrine and the spirit, you might want to clear them out first.
1) The spirit in the Lost Valley of the Azunites hangs out near the Cavern of
the Phoenix at the southern end of the valley. There's a shrine right next to
2) The Northern Greilyn Jungle spirit is in the Hak'u caves northwest of the
Eirulan North Gate. There's a shrine in the caves.
3) There's a spirit and a shrine near the Hak'u usurper's house just west of
the Western Greilyn Jungle teleporter.
4) The spirit on the Greilyn Beach path can be a bit difficult to reach. The
easiest way to get there is to teleport to the Azunite Desert and then use
the portal to get to the beach. Otherwise you teleport to the Kithraya Valley
and then have to hack your way back through the Lower Kithraya Caverns to the
beach. The incantation shrine is right there above the beach path, not far
from the ghost.
5) The Eirulan spirit hangs out on the bridge leading past the Falls.
6) In the northernmost part of the Temple of Xeria, next to the incantation
shrine, is a lever which opens a secret passage leading to the Cavern of
Earth. The ghost is along a south hall just inside that secret entrance.
7) The tranquil cave is behind a waterfall south of the second Morden tower
from Act I, chapter 3. The quickest way to reach it is to jump to the
Northern Greilyn Jungle teleporter and head west. The incantation shrine is
up over the hills. From the shrine, run south and look for the waterfall on
your right (west).
8) This spirit is in the Snowbrook Haven servant's quarters. When you first
enter this area, you'll come to a large room with lots of columns. At the
northern end of the room, take the west door to find an incantation shrine.
Then go through the east door, then south, then east again to find the spirit.
9) The Arinth's Ravine spirit is in the grotto where you fight the Knotted
Shambler. The incantation shrine is in the Large Vai'kesh Cavern "next door".
10) There's a spirit on a balcony on the second floor of the Aman'lu inn. The
incantation shrine is in the northeast corner of the town.
11) To find the other Aman'lu spirit, enter Tywlis' basement and search for
the hidden button. Take the elevator down and cross the bridge to the western
hall. Search for another hidden switch, then use the nearby incantation
shrine and take the secret passage down to the ghost.
12) While exploring the Azunite Burial Grounds, you'll find a large cavern
with ice falling from the ceiling. There's a south path that leads to the
catacombs, and a west path that leads back out to the Garden of the Ancients.
The spirit is on the eastern peninsula of this plateau, the incantation
shrine is to the west.
13) The spirit in the Eastern Plain of Tears is just past the teleporter.
There is an incantation shrine a bit further to the northeast.
14) You'll find a spirit on the southwest corner of the Kalrathia battlements.
The incantation shrine is just outside the North Gate.
15) Just past the Upper Mines of Kaderak (East) teleporter, go up the stairs
to the west to find the room with the ghost. The incantation shrine is across
the bridge to the east.
16) This spirit is in the town square of Darthrul. Use the incantation shrine
in the District of the Crossbow, once you have access.
17) The spirit under Kalrathia is in the Agallan Trial area near the southern
waterway. There's a shrine nearby to the east.
18) About halfway up Zaramoth's horns you'll find a large plateau with an
incantation shrine up on a platform. The ghost in the extreme southeast
corner of the plateau.
* Intended level: 19
* Find a jagged arrowhead reagent and return it to Eumenidie in Aman'lu
* Find a griffon feather reagent and return it to Eumenidie in Aman'lu
* Find an onyx fragment reagent and return it to Eumenidie in Aman'lu
Talk to Eumenidie in Aman'lu to get this quest to make the ultimate reagent:
the Viperclaw. Check your pockets regularly, as you might pick up one of the
reagents without knowing it. Specifically, you can get:
* A jagged arrowhead in the southern portion of the swamp that is just north
* A griffon feather in Elen'lu Isles by following the flooded chamber to
reach an island just north of your starting point.
* An onyx fragment from one of the many Small Vai'kesh Caves(tm) in the
You can take the ingredients one-by-one to Eumenidie or save them and take
them all at once. Either way, once you've given her all three, you'll get a
#5: Arinth's Legendary Staff
* Intended level: 26
* Find the Focusing Stone
* Find the Jeweled Shaft
* Find the Carved Rod
* Return to Eolanda in the town of Aman'lu with the pieces of
Arinth's Legendary Staff
Talk to Eolanda, who lives just north of the pet shop to start this quest.
You'll need to complete the Dark Ohm quest first, so you can speak to ghosts.
Once you have the Chant, you must find three Ancient Elven Reliquaries where
spirits guard the pieces of Arinth's staff.
The Focusing Stone is in a Reliquary below Isteru's Caves. Teleport to the
Western Cliffs of Azunai and go into the caverns and find the ruins in the
southwest corner. Go up the stairs and find the shrine, incant, the take the
elevator down to the Reliquary. The switch for the elevator is a button
hidden on the steps next to the elevator.
The Carved Rod is in a Reliquary in the Northern Vai'lutra Forest. Head north
from the Aman'lu hills until you find the incantation shrine where the path
turns east. Incant the Chant of the Dead, then go north and look for a ramp
leading down to a cul-de-sac. You'll find the elevator going down to the
Reliquary in the cul-de-sac.
The Jeweled Shaft can be found in the Snowbrook Valley. From the Valley
teleporter, after crossing the bridge, go north and find a set of stairs
leading down. Go use the incantation shrine to the west, then go down these
stairs and down into the Reliquary using the elevator next to the river.
Once you have all three pieces of the rod, return to Eolanda in Aman'lu to
finish this quest.
#6: Arinth the Mad
* Intended level: 26
* Track down Arinth
* Defeat Arinth
After remaking Arinth's Legendary Staff, return to Eirulan and teleport to
the Lost Valley of the Azunites. East of the teleporter, search for an
elevator--the switch is hidden on the north wall. Ride the elevator down to
Some Lose Elven Ruins.
The room in which you arrive has a single door on the north side. In the next
room, search for a hidden switch on the wall opposite the door (north wall),
to open a door to the south.
In the newly revealed room, there's another hidden switch on the wall near
the door. This opens another room to the south. The hidden switch in this new
room is also near the door. This opens a room to the east. Find the hidden
switch in this room along the south wall.
| A |
| S |
| | ___
|______2___| | |___
| C|______________| |
| | |
| 3| 4|
A) Switch opens door #1
B) Switch opens door #2
C) Switch opens door #3
D) Switch opens door #4
You'll now be able to go down some stairs to the east, eventually arriving at
an Elven Prison, where you find Arinth the Mad. Have your combat mage equip
Arinth's Staff and use it to break the central pillar in Arinth's cell wall.
Arinth will flee to the Temple of Istauru in the Northern Vai'lutra Forest.
Summon a teleporter back to Eirulan, jump to Aman'lu and thence to the
Elen'lu Isles. Enter the ruined temple and have it out with Arinth. You don't
have to use his staff against him, he's vulnerable to normal attacks.
In addition to some tasty loot, defeating Arinth gives all your characters
two bonus skill points. That was worth the trouble, right?
* Intended level: 33
* Find Khartos the Wise
* Defeat Khartos the Wise in a duel
* Go to the rift site
* Cover Khartos while he captures the mythrilhorn
* Remind Khartos to send the mythrilhorn back to pet seller Galeron
* Speak to pet seller Galeron in Aman'lu
This quest will open another pet for you; but, you can't even really get
going on it until Act III. Talk to the pet seller in Aman'lu about special
beasts to open this quest. Once you reach Kalrathia, find Khartos the
"Strong" as he now calls himself, drinking himself to death in the tavern.
Sober him up by beating on him for a bit and he'll head off to the rift site
to summon a mythrilhorn. When you reach the Northern Plain of Tears
teleporter, look to the right to find a path going down to the northeast.
This leads to Khartos' Rift Site and you fight Durvla while Khartos summons a
Once you're done, talk to Khartos, then return to the pet seller in Aman'lu
to buy a mythrilhorn.
#8: A Family Heirloom, Part II
* Intended level: 26
* Locate the demon
* Destroy the demon
* Speak with Athelas
If you completed A Family Heirloom in Act I, (and, if you kept the sword, you
have it in your Inventory), you can talk to Athelas in the Aman'lu inn to
start this quest. Once you reach the Vai'kesh Forest and are pursuing the
Vai'kesh Prophet, you can find a Vai'kesh Prison.
After leaving the first Large Vai'kesh Cavern, turn south to enter the prison
and talk to Athelas. If you kept the heirloom sword, equip it to one of your
characters and break open the demon's cage. Kill the demon. (You don't need
to use the sword on the demon, just the cage.) Talk to Athelas afterward for
#9: Lothar's Innocence
* Intended level: 24
* Find Roland's golden cloak
* Find Magrus
* Defeat Magrus
* Return to Roland in Aman'lu
With Lothar in your party, speak to Roland at the Aman'lu inn to begin this
quest. While exploring the Southern Vai'lutra Forest, look for a Watery Cave
along the west side of the path, not far past the North teleporter. Enter the
cave, kill the mobs and find Magrus--a half-giant farming mushrooms. Speak to
him and he'll flee, dropping his house key.
Follow him to his house, which is north of the Watery Cave, in a little grove
to the east of the path. Defeat him in battle and he will go to Roland and
confess his crime. Return to Aman'lu and speak to Roland and Magrus at the
inn to conclude the quest.
#10: Deru's Treasure Hunt
* Intended level: 19
* Find the explore the location identified on the map given to Deru by the
* Find and explore the location identified by Razka's Riddle
* Find and explore the location identified by Razka's Second Riddle
In Aman'lu, find an old prospector on a small plateau southeast of the pet
shop. With Deru in your party, speak to the old man to begin the quest. The
map you are given shows Razka's Ruins in the Southern Greilyn Jungle. Take
Deru to the Southern Greilyn Jungle teleporter and down into Razka's Ruins.
Have her open the treasure chest inside to get another riddle that points to
the Frozen Cave in Arinth's Ravine. Go to Aman'lu and thence to either
Arinth's Ravine teleporter and head for the Frozen Cave, which is midway
through the ravine on the south side. When Deru opens the treasure chest in
the cave, you'll receive a second riddle that points to the Plain of Tears.
When you reach Kalrathia, head north from the city and look for a path
downward to a lower plateau to the east. At the east end of the plateau, walk
into the water to reveal the hidden Magical Oasis. Deru can open the treasure
chest beyond the door and complete her quest.
#11: Mark of the Assassin
* Intended level: 35
* Pick up the intriguing stone
* Encounter the assassin
* Speak to Danadel
* Investigate the Liantir Stone in the town of Kalrathia
* Bring a Dwarven mythril ring to Enchantress Valeria in Kalrathia
* Find Merchant Kendril
* Defeat the assassin
In Aman'lu, in the abandoned house just southwest of the pet shop, pick up
the bling-bling on the table to get yourself assassinated. Well, almost.
After Danadel helps you recover, he'll tell you all about the Liantir Stone
you just picked up and where to go to find out more about it.
When you reach Kalrathia at the beginning of Act III, enter the magic shop
and speak to Enchantress Valeria to continue the quest. Valeria needs a
mythril ring to enchant that will enable you to see the assassin who has
When you reach the Upper Mines of Kaderak, right after the cutscene that
starts chapter 5, go up the stairs to the south and through the first door.
Pull the lever on the south wall to open the secret room that has the Dwarven
Take the ring back to Valeria in Kalrathia. Equip the new ring she gives you,
then go to the room behind the innkeeper. Talk to Merchant Kendril to force
the assassin to appear. Kill him and collect his Deathblades as a reward. You
can also get a small reward by speaking to Kendril again.
#12: The Aman'lu Arena
* Intended level: 19
* Defeat the first wave of combatants
* Defeat the second wave of combatants
* Defeat the third wave of combatants
* Defeat the fourth wave of combatants
* Defeat the fifth wave of combatants
* Defeat the sixth wave of combatants
* Defeat the seventh wave of combatants
* Defeat the eighth wave of combatants
* Defeat the ninth wave of combatants
* Defeat the Arena Masters
Speak with the barkeep at the Aman'lu Inn and deny all the great things he's
heard about you. He'll challenge you to test your skills out in an arena. Go
behind the bar, through the door, down the elevator and talk to the barkeep's
assistant. He'll let you through a door that leads down a long, spiral
staircase to the arena.
Speak with Daesthai to open the Aman'lu Arena quest and learn the rules of
the game. Basically, you pay for a token, place that token on the pedestal in
the center of the arena, the arena floor drops and some monsters come spewing
forth. Defeat them, then click the Forfeit Lever (yes, you use the "forfeit"
lever to raise the arena--sort of like using the Start button to Stop Windows)
to raise the arena.
Defeating the monsters earns you a key. The keys you earn open doors to
treasure rooms around the arena. There are ten rounds in all. You do not have
to use the keys immediately. You can even wait until you're near the end of
the game before opening the treasure rooms. Since the treasure dropped
depends on your level, you'll get better stuff that way.
One last note, the Aman'lu Arena is a natural item farm. You can win all ten
rounds, save your game, then start opening treasure rooms. If you don't like
what you get, you just reload and it's only a short trip back to the arena
and you start opening doors again.
Finally, for defeating all ten rounds of the Arena, you get two bonus skill
points for each character, the Mysterious Token (part of the Mysterious
Mystery Quest, see section 4.7) and you can then purchase the light naiad pet
The rounds are:
Round Cost Mobs (quantity x level)
----- ----- -------------------------------------------------
1 1,000 1x24 and 2x22 monsters
2 1,500 1x26 and 3x24 (the 24th level mobs are summoners)
3 2,000 1x28 and 4x26
4 3,000 1x30 and 4x28
5 4,000 5x33
6 6,000 1x38, 4x36
7 8,000 1x34, 6x37
8 12,000 1x39, 7x37
9 16,000 1x40, 10x39
10 25,000 2x40, 10x37
#13: A Servant's Haunt
* Intended level: 26
* Enter the Levreth Estate
* Learn the Chant of the Dead
* Speak with the ghost of Threnith Wilwarin
* Follow the ghost of Threnith Wilwarin and look for clues
* Find the jewels of the Levreth Estate
* Bring the proof of Threnith's innocence back to Eldoriath
Wilwarin in the town of Aman'lu
Speak to Eldoriath in his house just past the south bridge out of Aman'lu.
Once you have the Chant of the Dead, go to the Southern Vai'lutra Forest
(South) teleporter, which is the one next to the destroyed royal caravan. Use
the incantation shrine on the hill behind the teleporter, then go east to the
entrance to the Levreth Estate.
At the bottom of the double elevators, speak to the ghost of Threnith. He'll
unlock the south door for you. Go in the room and pick up the portrait of
Lady Levreth. Speak to Threnith again and he'll open another door for you.
Continue collecting clues and talking to Threnith until you have the lock of
golden hair, a burned letter and the family jewels.
Return to Eldoriath to finish this quest.
#14: A Servant's Haunt, Part II
* Intended level: 26
* Confront Lady Levreth in the town of Eirulan
* Confront Wethril the Guardian Commander in the town of Aman'lu
* Defeat Wethril the Guardian Commander
* Speak to Celeb'hel the Elder in Aman'lu's Alt'orn Hall about
After completing Part I, talk to Threnith (who is now in Eldoriath's house)
to open this quest. Return to Eirulan and seek out Lady Levreth at the Inn.
Push her on the subject of her husband's death and she'll confess and name
the true killer: Guardian Commander Wethril in Aman'lu. Return to Aman'lu and
confront Wethril, who is in Alt'orn Hall next to Celeb'hel. After killing him,
talk to Celeb'hel to end this quest.
#15: Amren's Vision
* Intended level: 19
* Find and explore the first location in Amren's vision
* Find and explore the second location in Amren's vision
* Find and explore the third location in Amren's vision
* Find and explore the fourth location in Amren's vision
* Investigate the portal in Amren's vision
Throughout your travels, you will find some mushrooms growing in large
circles. Obviously, natural mushrooms do not grow in exact circles. Take
Amren with you to one of these circles and he'll have a vision. Talk to him
afterward to open this quest.
Visit each of the four circles with Amren in your party and have him activate
the proper (glowing) mushroom to take you to four different shrines. Let
Amren activate the statue in each shrine and, in the fourth one you activate,
go through the newly active portal to reach a treasure chest. When you visit
the shrines, you can also pick up a Lore book in each one.
The four mushroom circles are:
#1: Eastern Greilyn Jungle, on a promontory just east of Razka's Ruins.
Use the Southern Greilyn Jungle teleporter to get there. This is the
Shrine of Life, and has Vol. 17, The Path of Life.
#2: Southern Vai'lutra Forest, just west of the North teleporter. This is
the Shrine of Sight, and has Vol. 18, The Path of Sight.
#3: North of the Garden of the Ancients (South) teleporter. This is the
Shrine of Death, and has Vol. 19, The Path of Death.
#4: West of the Ruins of Okaym teleporter and north of the main path.
This is the Shrine of Blindness, and has Vol. 20, The Path of Blindness.
#16: Finala's Contempt
* Intended level: 22
* Explore the hidden Morden intelligence camp
* Find and burn down the first hidden Morden tower
* Find and burn down the second hidden Morden tower
* Find and burn down the third hidden Morden tower
* Find and burn down the fourth hidden Morden tower
* Locate and destroy the hidden Durvla hatchery
* Find and explore the second Morden intelligence camp
Initiate this quest by taking Finala to the broken elevator in the Upper
Kithraya Caverns. With Finala as the active character, click the broken
mechanism and ride the elevator down into a Morden intelligence camp. Have
Finala open the treasure chest to get a map to four hidden Morden towers.
Teleport to the Southern Greilyn Jungle and head west to the Abandoned Ruins.
Finala will find a secret door in the ruins and you can follow the path to an
elevator that takes you up to a plateau with the first Morden tower. Destroy
it as you did the towers in Act I.
Teleport to the Northern Greilyn Jungle and go to the impassable wall just
north of the teleporter. Finala will find the secret entrance. Pass through
and destroy three Morden towers. After the final tower is destroyed, Finala
finds another map and an elevator gear.
When you reach the Morden city of Darthrul in Act III, Chapter 2, take Finala
down the east path from the town square. She'll find the hidden entrance to
the Durvla Hatchery. Clear out the mobs, then blow open the cage by hitting
the explosive, spiked container next to it. Finala can loot the chest to find
a Morden Wrench, which will come in handy for fixing elevators.
When you reach the Southern Desert of Kaderak (Act III, Chapter 4), take the
north path past the entrance to the mines and follow it until you find an
elevator on a small hill. Finala can fix the elevator, and you can clear out
the intelligence camp and loot the chest to end the quest.
#17: Rahvan's Curse
* Intended level: 28
* Find Letiso the lich
* Defeat Letiso the lich
* Return Champion Rahvan's soulstone
Show Champion Rahvan the four Death Masks to gain entrance to the Azunite
Burial Grounds. Follow up with him about his memories coming back and he'll
ask you to find and kill the lich that killed him and enslaved his spirit.
He'll give you a chant (Letiso) to use to find the lich's secret tomb.
When you get to the lower Azunite Catacombs, the path will soon split. Take
the south path to find a shrine. Clear it out, then stand on the purple tree
symbol on the east side of the room. Incant the Letiso chant and the door to
the lich's tomb will open.
Kill the lich, then return to Rahvan to conclude the quest.
#18: Evangeline's Folly
* Intended level: 28
* Seek Jessic and the soldiers in the Vai'kesh stronghold
* Seek Jessic in the second Vai'kesh stronghold
* Seek Jessic in the third Vai'kesh stronghold
Add Princess Evangeline (Eva) to your party. Teleport to the Western End of
Arinth's Ravine. Go west, south, west and north to reach a bridge. Before the
bridge, turn left (west) and go along the edge of the ravine to reach a small
cave. You may remember the password-protected door from Chapter 5.
This time you'll be able to get through and pick a fight with the Vai'kesh in
the room and the room beyond, which contains the jailor, who is mini-boss
level. After killing all the Vai'kesh, speak with Eva's soldier in the jail
The next cavern in your quest is along the north side of Arinth's Ravine, so
hoof it back the way you came and fight your way along the ravine to the
large cavern on the north side. Enter the cave, find the door and repeat the
process of killing the jailor and talking to the soldier.
The third, and final, cave is further along the ravine, so head east. When
you get to the second bridge, instead of crossing, continue east to find the
entrance to the cave. Enter, kill the jailor and talk to Jessic to end the