Get ready for hot Arcade nights! Building off of last Wednesday's launch of “Marathon: Durandal” and “Spyglass Board Games,” August and the rest of the summer are shaping up to be scorching hot on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Perfect for whittling away the long days of summer are a bevy of unique sports games, classic and futuristic fighting games, as well as a few other surprises, all of which will be making their way to Xbox LIVE Arcade in the coming weeks.
This Xbox LIVE Arcade Wednesday, gamers can log virtual track time and exercise their fingers and thumbs with the highly anticipated “Track & Field” from Konami. Originally released in 1983, Track & Field was an arcade smash. The updated version for Xbox LIVE Arcade features the same button mashing game mechanic as the original, and now allows for up to four player multiplayer competition on one Xbox 360 or over Xbox LIVE. Clocking in at 400 Microsoft Points, “Track & Field” will be available to download on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, August 8 beginning at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT).
Hot August games also releasing this month:
- “Ecco the Dolphin” (Sega) Cool off with this fun, whimsical update of the classic undersea exploration game featuring everyone's favorite bottlenose dolphin, Ecco!
- “Hexic 2” (Carbonated Games) The highly anticipated sequel to the popular puzzle game “Hexic HD” will have gamers racing to solve brand new challenges, including an all new two player Battle mode.
- “War World” (Ubisoft) A pure adrenaline rush, War World features powerful armored mechanoids battling head-to-head in all-out savage single and multiplayer battles that combine action and strategy.
Sizzling summer launches hitting in the coming weeks:
- “Geon: Emotions” (Eidos) Engage in the unique sport of Geon, where you must master a diverse range of emotions to best your opponents.
- “Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords” (D3Publisher of America, Inc.) Addictive and easy-to-learn, this game integrates story and character progression elements found in RPGs delivering a brand new type of game that pushes the puzzle genre to a whole new level.
- “Space Giraffe” (Llamasoft) Created by genre-defining game designer Jeff Minter, “Space Giraffe” is a psychedelic shooter that spans 100 levels, all set against vivid, pulsating backgrounds that synchronize with any custom music selection.
- “Streets of Rage 2” (Sega) One of the most popular side-scrolling beat ‘em ups of the 90's gets the Xbox LIVE Arcade treatment, complete with enhanced graphics, sound, Achievements and multiplayer modes.
- “Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix” (Capcom) This game combines addictive puzzle action with favorite Capcom fighting characters including Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Morrigan.
There have been over 45 million Xbox LIVE Arcade game downloads as of July, and the popularity of the service continues to grow. Over 100 games will launch on Xbox LIVE Arcade by year's end, including dozens of original IPs and classic titles updated for this generation.
Look for specific game information surrounding each title on Xbox.com in the coming weeks.