The update includes a plethora of fan-requested improvements, including difficulty adjustments for the game's Prologue, support for a variety of aspect ratios and a host of other gameplay tweaks and fixes. The Witcher 2 1.3 Update is available at thewitcher.com and directly through digital distributors like GOG.com, Steam, Direct2Drive and others.
"A Sackful of Fluff" is a new quest in Chapter 2 of the game. To start the quest, players must visit the eccentric Elthon, who inhabits a solitary hut near the quarry outside Vergen. The quest will prove most rewarding to those who demonstrate patience.
Key improvements in the 1.3 Update include:
• Game now supports 4:3, 5:4, and 16:10 aspect ratios.
• Item storage has been added. Players can now store items from their Inventory at inns. To leave items in storage or collect previously stored items, talk to innkeepers.
• A ‘Junk' panel has been added to the Inventory to provide greater clarity in item classification.
• A new menu option has been added under ‘Extras' - this enables players to view in-game animated sequences (flashbacks, memory flashes, dreams stolen by harpies) outside of the game.
• ‘Dragon' section of Prologue does not become available until after all assault-related sections have been completed, thereby softening the difficulty curve at the start of the game.