A step by step guide to transferring music to your PSP for your portable
If you've been wondering how to play music files on your PSP, just follow
these simple steps and you'll be listening to your mp3 collection on your PS in
1. Plug the USB cable into your PSP.
2. Plug the other end of the cable into your PC's USB port.
3. Turn on the PSP.
4. From the PSP's menu, select Settings ->USB Connection.
5. Press X.
6. Now wait a few moments. The PC should recognize your PSP and take a few
minutes to set it up.
7. Open My Computer.
8. Your PSP will appear as a new disk drive. The letter assigned to the drive
will depend on your system. Double-click the drive created for your PSP.
9. You should see a folder named "PSP". If not, go ahead and create a new folder
and name it "PSP". Open this folder.
10. Now you should see a folder named "MUSIC". If not, create a new folder and
name it "MUSIC".
11. Copy your music files to this folder. Note that the PSP will only play MP3
and ATRAC3 files. It will not play WMA or iTunes/iPod music files.
12. Once you have copied the music files, press Circle on your PSP and
disconnect the cable.
13. From the PSP's menu, select Music and you will now see your songs listed.
14. Select a song and press X and you're listening to music!