In conjunction with Sony Pictures Consumer Products and the eagerly
anticipated Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Sierra Entertainment is taking the
classic caddy on the road to give fans of the franchise a chance to experience
this one-of-a-kind machine and the game first hand.
"The ECTO-1 is one of the most memorable and loved vehicles of all-time,"
says Al Simone, VP of Marketing, Sierra Entertainment. "Sony has been a
fantastic partner to work with and we're very excited to have a hand in taking
ECTO off the screen and out on the road - this way fans can experience a true
piece of ghost busting history first hand as they get a taste of Ghostbusters™:
The Video Game."
ECTO-1 will be stopping at several destinations across the U.S. throughout
the tour, five of which are in partnership with the Boost Mobile Nightshift and
Hot Import Nights events. Additionally, fans will have the chance to get up
close and personal with ECTO-1 at Knott's Scary Farm and the L.A. Auto Show
later this year.
ECTO-1 Tour Schedule:
- June 21 - Nightshift New York (Belmont Raceway; New York, NY)
- August 9 - Nightshift Pomona (Pomona Fairplex; Pomona, CA)
- August 29-31 - Penny Arcade Expo (Seattle Conv. Ctr; Seattle, WA)
- Sept. 20 - Nightshift Pleasanton (Alameda Fairgrounds; Pleasanton, CA)
- Sept. 27 - Hot Import Nights (Minneapolis Conv. Ctr; Minneapolis, MN)
- Oct. 11 - Hot Import Nights (Dallas Conv. Ctr; Dallas, TX)
- Oct. 15 - Nov. 1 - Knott's Scary Farm (Knott's Berry Farm; Buena Park, CA)
- Nov. 19-30 - L.A. Auto Show (L.A. Conv. Ctr; Los Angeles, CA)
In light of ECTO-1's tour to some of the hottest car shows throughout the
country, Sony has taken the liberty to update the Ghostbusters' ride with the
latest and greatest Sony Xplod mobile electronics. ECTO-1 now sports a Sony
XAV-W1 double din touch screen A/V center, Xplod XS-GT1625A speakers and an
Xplod XS-L10S slim subwoofer - all the essentials to keep ECTO-1's sound system
on par with the rest of the ghost catching equipment found on the Ghostbusters'
primary mode of transportation.